Logic Pro X Keyboard Shortcuts / Skins / Keybords?

Warrior

Power User
I'm really starting to go all-in with Logic Pro X and I want to make the learning curve as simple as possible by picking up a shortcut keybord skin for my Apple keyboard or purchasing a new keyboard, etc.

I'm hoping to get some advice from Logic Pro X users hear as to which one I should get or any other advice on the subject.

Thanks!

Are you comfortable with all the functions you want to accomplish in another DAW? If so, the transition should be pretty easy and a color coded skin should speed the process. If not, take a class. The learning curve is steep.

Are you comfortable with all the functions you want to accomplish in another DAW? If so, the transition should be pretty easy and a color coded skin should speed the process. If not, take a class. The learning curve is steep.

I don't really use a lot of keyboard functions with the other DAW I've been using for some years now (Reaper).
I'm missing out on some production efficiency by not using them and I would like to become more proficient with using shortcuts in Logic.

Having come from Protools before Reaper, I'm feeling pretty confident I'll get up to speed with Logic fairly soon.
That being said, I may just look into a class. Why not?

I took a class several years ago - “Mac Pro Videos” or something like that. I would take eit again. I tried figuring it out myself. Like playing guitar, I don’t recommend the entirely self taught route.

I took a class several years ago - “Mac Pro Videos” or something like that. I would take eit again. I tried figuring it out myself. Like playing guitar, I don’t recommend the entirely self taught route.

Couldn't agree more. I also purchased training videos for PT's & Reaper in the past.

if you have an ipad, you can download logic remote for free and it has a section for keyboard shortcuts all laid out as buttons. you can freely change them and put the ones you use most on the first page, or set up pages specifically for recording, editing, mixing or mastering etc

To add, if you have an ipad, use logic X remote and set it to all the shortcuts there. Improves workflow tremendously. Also great if you need to hit record away from the desk. I play drums and can do everything from the drum throne instead of the computer with an ipad.

Doh- @simeon beat me to it haha

if you have an ipad, you can download logic remote for free and it has a section for keyboard shortcuts all laid out as buttons. you can freely change them and put the ones you use most on the first page, or set up pages specifically for recording, editing, mixing or mastering etc

Just learned that my iPad is too old to update to the required iOS so I can't use Logic remote.

As for the keyboard, I personally use M-Audio Code 61, that's great, especially I like pads. The only problem with it is that it is a little cumbersome. If you want something portable, I can recommend you IK Multimedia iRig Keys MINI. I haven't used it, but I've heard some good feedback on it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom