Logic Pro X issue of possible interest

is9582

Power User
Hello All,

Just to lay the groundwork, I've owned AxeFX units from the Ultra up to the current III, and have used Logic Pro X as my recording software for many years. Last night I got home from an almost 4-week trip to Japan and I couldn't wait to load 12.02 and test her out. Load went great and it sounded wonderful. So much so, that I recorded a little playing on Logic, just so I could share the new sounds with my buddies.

This morning I got up and went back into Logic and even though my recording was visually still there, there was absolutely no output sound during playback, when I had the AxeFXIII selected as Output Device (both AxeFX and speakers turned on). There was also no visual indication in the meters in Logic that any output sound was occurring. I swapped the output device in Logic to my internal Mac speakers and my recording once again was audible. I won't bore you with all the hair pulling and expletives I uttered, but I finally realized what had changed, and seems to be the cause my struggles. I'd plugged my Sony Alpha A6600 camera into my Mac Mini last night, so I could download all the of the photos I took in Japan, as I don't yet have a memory card reader on this computer. So after properly disengaging the camera from my computer, once again Logic was happy with my AxeFXIII as the output device, and all the glorious sounds poured out of my Adam A7Xs. lol

This scenario is highly specific, and will probably never happen to anyone else, but I still hope this might help some other poor soul that is having similar issues, and might just be as sleep deprived as I was.

Cheers,

Lee

MacMini Mojave 10.14.5
Logic Pro X 10.4.6
AxeFXIII 12.02
AxeEdit 1.05.00

Back
Top Bottom