Logic Pro X - I/O Plugin

Moxxy-PDX

All,

For my project studio at home, I run Logic Pro X with Axe FX III as my main audio user interface for the sake of simplicity. I'm able to record guitars, synths, re-amp guitars, etc. with no problem. What I'd like to do is process previously recorded audio with outboard gear (for example, run a recorded guitar take through an outboard Reverb unit or a guitar FX pedal where I can manipulate parameters in real time). I can do this running a second audio user interface and Axe FX III where I route the signal via Logic's I/O plugin to the other interface. However, I'd like to just use the Axe FX III. I thought it would be as simple as connecting a piece of equipment via output 3 or 4 on the back of the Axe FX III going through the Logic I/O plugin but I can't get it to work. Separately, I can setup a patch in Axe FX III where I route my signal chain through output 3 or 4 to the outboard gear and back into the Axe FX III before it gets to my computer. So, I know it's not my internal setup with Axe FX III or my physical gear connections. It has to be something I'm missing between the routing of Logic X and Axe Fx III.

I searched the forums and the internet but can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. Any suggestions or answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

J

Back
Top Bottom