Logic Pro X and Axe-Fx III compatibility?

Is there a compatibility issue with the AxeFx III and Logic? I have continually received a notification on the screen stating that the 'Volume "LaCie" is full', referring to the external hard drive I'm using, which has plenty of space on it. This seems to happen mostly when I have a track that is record enabled and have soloed it to listen to takes from the take folder. I've also noticed that when I look in my recently opened projects, the ones that I have used the AxeFx III are showing a trail beginning with the title of the project then to Macintosh HD, to Volumes and then to LaCie. This never occurred with my AxeFX II XL+. Those projects simply have the title of the project listed only.

Thanks.

IMG_9099.JPG IMG_9100.JPG

This is nothing to do with the Axe-FX - just coincidence. It's a disk data error.

Go to Disk Utility and run this on your Lacie drive and it should fix it:-

Joz9b.png

This is nothing to do with the Axe-FX - just coincidence. It's a disk data error.

Go to Disk Utility and run this on your Lacie drive and it should fix it:-

Joz9b.png

Thanks for your reply. This has actually happened on two different hard drives and has only occurred since using the Axe FX III.

Which USB (not DSP) firmware? It's in the Utility menu.

You have the same project on 2 drives/volumes/partitions (whatever) with the same name.
Witness:
Logic path.png

The folder "Volumes" is hidden from view in the Finder, but HD>Volumes>ExtDrive is the path to your drives. Logic sees that you have opened from one and saved to the other, or perhaps you copied it in Finder and opened from both at different times. If you save your project as a folder instead of package you would see another folder after GoFlex that is the project folder name.

Now look:
Logicpath2.png

Since I changed the name of the thumb drive to BigThumb, logic doesn't need to give as much detail on the path, but it still needs to let me know I have two things going on here.

As far as filling up the drive, it may be that you have Quick Punch enabled. What this does is (I believe the track has to be record enabled) is even when Logic is just playing, it records. It's ready for you to punch in instantly. When you hit stop the recording is deleted if you didn't punch in. This setting can be found by right clicking on the record button and unchecking Quick Punch.

Back
Top Bottom