Logic Pro X and Axe fx 2 MIDI Preset Change

Hi guys,

I have a gig coming up this Wednesday. Will be playing through some backing tracks. I dont have midi pedal board for my Axe soI want to know how we integrate Axe Fx 2 with Logic Pro X. If someone can help me step by step. I watched on youtube regarding this but they were on Logic pro 9. I need my presets to get changed automatically. Do we need a MIDI to USB connector cable and a sound card or USB will be fine for it? I have Apogee Duet 2 as my sound card. Plus I need to know how to set up out Logic Pro X. I want step by step guidance.
I hope if someone can help me for this matter.

Regards :) \,,/

Hi Nakul,

I can be of some assistance, as i started doing this about 11 months ago with my Line 6 PODxt LIVE and going into LogicProX.

If you are the only member doing this, then the cheapest route would be a USB-Midi cable/adapter.

In your project session on LogicProX, you need to create a new midi track and then create a new midi region, by right clicking and create new midi region.

then on the right side of the screen at the top right, youll see three dots, three lines icon. click that and select Program Change and then youll just have to make markers on the green midi lane with the proper presets on the axefx.

If you have an MFC, just connect to the Axe-FX via USB with your computer, play along to your backing track while recording a MIDI track in Logic with the Axe-FX as the source.

Think of it as recording a MIDI track with a piano-style MIDI controller, except you're recording from the MFC. Ultimately they're more or less the same thing as far as your DAW is concerned.

If you have an MFC, just connect to the Axe-FX via USB with your computer, play along to your backing track while recording a MIDI track in Logic with the Axe-FX as the source.

Think of it as recording a MIDI track with a piano-style MIDI controller, except you're recording from the MFC. Ultimately they're more or less the same thing as far as your DAW is concerned.
OP has no midi pedal or MFC but still great advice

OP has no midi pedal or MFC but still great advice
Reading comprehension for the win!!!
I've been cramming a big set list for a show Friday night and was browsing the boards for a bit of a break, my bad!

Looks like the date in question was tonight too, hopefully everything went well.

@Nakul Sharma, I'm wrapped up for the next few days, but if you want, I wouldn't mind recording a MIDI track with a bunch of commands in it from my MFC and sending it to you so you can just use them as a template for your own setup.

I've been in the process of recording my switching and stuff for our shows so I'm actually in the middle of doing a lot of it already. Incidentally, while I'm a big fan of Logic Pro X, you really SHOULD look into MainStage (also on the Apple App Store, it's an Apple product), it's specifically for performance, is only $30 and makes automating your show a LOT easier.

This is in theory for me as I have not tried it.

Even without the MFC, you should create a midi track from the axe fx, enable record. Now record ALL scene changes while NOT playing guitar but physically doing it on the axefx. That should record all midi commands (drive on, scene changes, etc). Then move the commands to the correct spots based on the backtrack... Or record it while playing the backtrack. In theory, this should work.

Something I would like to try would be to see if the midi changes/commands record while enable them from axe edit. That would be cool.

Good luck and if I have time, I'll experiment some and I'll let you know!

Omar

Back
Top Bottom