Logic Pro not see AX8 midi?

seclusion

Experienced
Hi guys.
Is it possible to set Logic up to not see the AX8 as a midi device?
I look through the preferences and don't see the AX8.
Since incorporating my new Yamaha CP4 if I just touch a note, midi commands goto the AX8 and send note off.
I know I could make a template with midi channels set for just the piano, but often I add another instrument that defaults to midi all.
Maybe I'm over thinking,

The AX8 doesn't respond to MIDI Note On/Off so either Logic is translating MIDI or the CP4 is sending more than just MIDI Note.

The AX8 only responds to MIDI Program Changes (PC), Control Changes (CC), and MIDI Clock. It also responds to Fractal-specific SysEx strings.

Beyond that, your question is a Logic issue - I'm sure the answer to "how to disable a MIDI device in Logic" can be found on a Logic-specific forum, or the Google.

Yes, it is unusual, I used logic's midi filter to filter Midi note and polyphonic after touch filtered.
When clicked to filter, there's no change to AX8.
When I unfiltered them, as soon as I touch a note, the AX8 is edited and the sound of the AX8 is edited.
As well lots of midi info.
Not sure what's being sent from the CP4 different from my older keyboard.
Really I would like Logic to ignore the AX8 as a midi device, would save a ton of crap

Last edited:
Things to try: In AX8 I/O / MIDI menu: turn Program Change to off (default is on). Or, if you are using midi for AX8 program changes and there is some sort of conflict: change the channel from the default of 1 to something else.

If its CP4 midi events sent to AX8 independent of Logic: Audio/Midi routing/ports may be reassignable.

As far as Logic : Controller assignments for what the CP4 is doing may be reconfigured. Perhaps routing the AX8 to a dummy object in the Environment (clicks/ports) - where Logic related connections can be made or broken.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom