LOGIC help - REAMPING

rodzimguitar68

Fractal Fanatic
Guys,

I know how to record a track for re-amping. And I know how to route that track back through the Axe FX and then record the amp tones. But, what I have done is to solo the re-amp track and arm the stereo tracks, then play the song all the way through to record the new tracks. I do this, because all of the tracks play through the axe fx - drums, vocals, keys - everything, unless I solo the re-amp track.

However, this does not allow me to do what I really really want to do, which is change the amps and cabs on the fly, during the song, so I can hear what sits the best in the mix, before I spend the time recording that sound, and sitting through the entire song to do so.

Can someone that is using LOGIC, tell me if it is possible to keep the other tracks from going through the AXE FX, and only have the re-amp track go through there, so I can do this in real time?

I don't have a fancy sound card or anything. I plug my Axe II into USB in my Macbook pro, and I send the headphone out to speakers to listen.

Thanks,

Rodney

You can't do what you want to do unfortunately. :(

My suggestion is to record a loop of your reamp track on to the LOOP block on the Axe-Fx and then loop that while monitoring in Logic to adjust the sound in real time. Just put the LOOP block at the front of the signal chain in the matrix.

It will, of course, suffer from sync issues with Logic.

Well, part of the question was just to see if it was possible. I'd need to be able to assign 2 sound cards - one external (axe fx) and the other internal for all the other tracks...

Thank you for replying.

What I've done is recorded 4 or 5 that I think would work, and then sit back and a/b them.

You would definitely need to take the non-guitar tracks out a separate path. As you mention, another sound card/interface would be needed. The axe doesn't have any way of separating the guitar signal from the mix that you're feeding it.

I can do it in Cubase o_O unless I don't understand the question correctly

Basically you want to be able to hear the difference between a Das Metall and a PVH 6160 block while reamping yes?

What I do is while the DI track is playing in solo, I open up axe-edit and I just change the amps from there/the eqs and stuff!

Back
Top Bottom