Logic Final Bounce

mwd

Power User
I am interested in how others wrap up their project on the final bounce when not sending it out to Master. I just render an mp3, aiff or wav, depending on needs, right to desktop with no outboard gear involved.

Would I benefit by firing up an interface and routing stereo out into some outboard gear, like a tube pre-amp with limiter, then back into Logic?

How do you bounce your projects? Not just limited to Logic either. All DAW users welcome to kick in.

Logic Pro X user here... I don't believe you would need a dedicated "must have" outboard gear. So many great plug-ins to fine-tune individual tracks, multi-tracks and master available... I have noticed that when you export something that you think is perfect while playing from Logic suddenly doesn't sound good at all from e.g. iTunes or other sources. Quite often the right solution is to go back and edit individual tracks, and not the master track (or multi-tracks). So... Bounce a single track, listen to it from many sound sources and surroundings if possible. Bounce drums and bass, listen to ... Multi-tracks ... And then you are ready for the final master track :) And one other thing! One single bad sound can cause you thing the whole (e.g. guitar) track is bad, which is not the case. That is why you have to go to that single track and edit only that bad sound "by hand".

Back
Top Bottom