Logic and FM3 no sound

TD77

Inspired
Calling any Logic Pro "pros". Hitting a wall with an audio issue and know I am one small step away from figuring it out but I am stumped.

I have my FM3 hooked up but get NO sound through my monitors. I am able to record and THEN hear when I play back the track but I get no sound WHILE tracking. I have input monitoring selected on the logic audio channel strip. Not sure what I am missing. This is how I have things set up...

1. FM3 connected to iMac via USB cable
2. Apollo Interface and UA Console opened (not sure why I need console opened because I am not going through any of the Apollo pre's but have it opened in case I need it for the output)
3. In logic, I changed the audio preference to have the FM3 as the input device and keeping the Apollo as the output
4. Plug in my guitar in the back of the FM3
5. Create an audio track in logic with input monitoring...I can see level hitting but NO sound out of my studio monitors connected to the Apollo
6. Record guitar with no issue then play back and it comes through the monitors

Again Im sure I'm one step away from being able to monitor the sound while recording but just can't figure it out. Also, I am brand new to home recording and a lot of this stuff but somewhat savvy and can get around. Just stuck on this. Have a fellow forum member her who has been OUTSTANDING in helping me with some questions but I figured I would try to get some other feedback. MANY THANKS! Headed out to a gig :D and will check this thread tomorrow when the mothers day festivities cool down. lol.

In Logic you would need to enable software monitoring. Input monitoring is so you can rehearse/check levels without having to hit record enable.

probably better off just plugging the axe into the apollo with a pair of xlr's, otherwise you'll be tring to use two audio interfaces at once and that's a whole other can of worms. just make sure you have the apollo selected as the interface to use in logic's audio prefs.

probably better off just plugging the axe into the apollo with a pair of xlr's, otherwise you'll be tring to use two audio interfaces at once and that's a whole other can of worms. just make sure you have the apollo selected as the interface to use in logic's audio prefs.
True. May wind up that route. Whichever is easiest is the plan. I just read somewhere that going out of the fm3 into the Apollo adds another layer of signal conversion. I don’t know. I’ll go with my ears and just get something working.

As an Apollo user myself, you can’t go wrong and you’ll have a much easier time of it. It sounds great. Just use xlr cables.

Back
Top Bottom