Locking AX8 screen when using AX8-Edit?

tjontheroad

Inspired
I've had my AX8 for a few weeks now and I'm really liking it. Question I have, is there a way to lock the AX8 screen display in footswitch mode when using AX8-Edit? That is, I don't want to the screen to change to block parameters or the grid when editing on the computer. I just want to display the footswitch assignments at all times. That way, I don't have to switch it back after making a quick edit.

Thanks.

If you want to use the front panel for anything, you really should pause ax8edit first. You can set it up such that pausing Ax8edit automatically brings up the FS screen

The pause function is helpful. Thanks for the tip. Still wish it would just go to the footswitch screen automatically when pressing the pedal and/or being able to lock the screen. There's no reason for me to all of the sudden stop using my laptop and get on the floor to start using the AX8 itself when editing. So, there is no benefit for it stay on the corresponding edit screen while using the AX8-Edit software.

Currently, AX8-Edit takes over control of the AX8. The front panel and the editor are not designed to be used together. It is currently an either/or.

Currently, AX8-Edit takes over control of the AX8. The front panel and the editor are not designed to be used together. It is currently an either/or.

That's cool and is sorta my point. If you're not going to use the edit functions on the AX8 itself, there's no need to change from the performance footswitch screen to the editing menus. That way, when you're done your AX8-Edit session tweeks, your ready to go automatically without changing the screen back.

It doesn't need two way communication with the laptop handy.

But sometimes, you need the frontpanel - The best example I can come up with is the gain reduction meter in the comp block - It does not exist in Ax8edit.

(But please Joe - move the GR meter to the first compressor screen)

I am just wanting to check if something is wrong with my setup. AX8 Edit does not seem to work as smooth as the AX FX Edit program. It has been a few years since I had the II, but the AX8 program seems to be hitting the unit a little slower. Everything connects and works, just not as instantaneous as the original program. This normal? Running it on a Macbook Pro Retina latest model.

The Axe-Fx runs on faster hardware and can communicate faster than the AX8.

Back
Top Bottom