Wish Lock preset from overwrite feature

He didn’t say anything about write protecting. Continually saving work is something that everyone should be in a habit of and some of us learned our lesson the hard way decades ago. It’s basic computing 101.
I should have been more clear. Editing a preset, of course this is something I wouldnt want a pop up every time I hit the save button. My issue came from importing a completely different preset, and I overwrote my prized beloved JP2C preset that way. Again, this can be toggleable, or perhaps just for importing. Granted this is 100% my own fault for not backing up my stuff, but when you rear end someone else messing with your phone, you're sure happy for seatbelts and crumble zones built in to protect you from pilot error.

Maybe a dedicated audition/editing preset slot.

All imported presets automatically open in this slot, and can't be saved there either.

Same with start from scratch presets. You go there, build it, then save it elsewhere.

He didn’t say anything about write protecting. Continually saving work is something that everyone should be in a habit of and some of us learned our lesson the hard way decades ago. It’s basic computing 101.
The bear of constantly saving is then deciding which files are creative dross to be purged versus which files to retain.

It's a big chore everytime I go into digital housecleaning mode.

For that reason, I like the padlock idea.

Back
Top Bottom