Local PD Amazed by the Axe II

rrogers

Inspired
Two very professional officers served me with a noise citation today. I upgraded my firmware this morning and spent the afternoon playing and tweaking.

I invited them in and asked their guidance on determining an appropriate volume. They were both utterly floored by the capabilities of the unit, and I spent a good 45 minutes taking requests. I think we sometimes forget how involved/complex this stuff seems to non-players/users.

Ironically, the only other time I have had a noise citation was when I was 18 and playing through my first JTM-45. Now, at age 45, I just received my second one. The model I was using - JTM 45 with the 808 (mod version) in front of it.

They should have paid you! and gone and solved some real crimes, meanwhile someone was being raped, shot, and 400 drug deals took place, oh and a few dozen red light violations, but I digress.

They should have paid you! and gone and solved some real crimes, meanwhile someone was being raped, shot, and 400 drug deals took place, oh and a few dozen red light violations, but I digress.
Don't forget they were called by someone else who has the right to make a noise complaint. It's easy to say they should have better things to do, but how would you feel if you called the cops for something small and they didn't take you seriously?

for most codes, noise complaints aren't even measured. it's by the judgement of the responding officer. different noises have different responses. for example, over here, there is NO time limit or dB measure for "yard tools." someone could literally mow their lawn at 1am and there's no rule against it. i can call a police officer and he would then determine if it's ok or not - he could very well say it's ok. kinda silly.

for most codes, noise complaints aren't even measured. it's by the judgement of the responding officer. different noises have different responses. for example, over here, there is NO time limit or dB measure for "yard tools." someone could literally mow their lawn at 1am and there's no rule against it. i can call a police officer and he would then determine if it's ok or not - he could very well say it's ok. kinda silly.

This, but because of "who" the complaining neighbor is they had to issue a citation, but I will more than likely not have to pay a fine.

Were you playing Message in a Bottle ?

Playing along with cuts off of "Flick of the Switch" - That album is a guilty pleasure for me. A few months ago I made some drum and bass tracks for several of the tunes on it. No one else I know likes that album, but I love the guitar tone and playing on it.

I need to put a pickup in my classical guitar. Would be much cooler to rack up complaints while working on my Villa Lobos.

Back
Top Bottom