Loading User Cabs in Axe FXIII

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
Today I loaded up 141 user cabs with the Mini Utility.

When I turn the Axe FXIII on there is a quick white flash of the screen then it loads up which takes about 5 seconds or so. Very quick. I then hit layout, then zoom, then scroll over to cab, then hit edit, then scroll down to the # beside Number and hit enter, then the new user cabs should show up. They haven’t been showing up and didn’t today. But I just discovered something:

What I just discovered is that if I wait 45 secs minimum (to 60) seconds after the Axe FXIII boots up, then do the same things, the user cabs show up.

I tried it 4 times in a row. Anything less than 45 seconds they do not show up. 45 seconds or more they do show up. Same thing happens every time I turn on the axe FXIII. It takes a minimum of 45 seconds after the Axe FXIII is loaded and opens up for all of the user cabs to appear.

I filed a ticket about this a few days ago and they sent me a reply today saying I should send the Axe FXIII in for service and sent me the details how to do it. I had not yet discovered that the cabs do eventually show up 45 (to 60) seconds after the Axe FXIII is turned on and fully loaded. I reported that to them today and am awaiting their response.

Can any of you who have loaded 100 or more cabs into the Axe FXIII check and see if this is the case for you? I don't want to send the Axe FXIII in for service if this is happening to everyone.

Reactions: yek
If I try that, when I look at my user cabs I find one cab present, the one that is selected when I went to the User Cab page. If I exit User Cabs and hit enter again, all the cabs are present.
So effectively yes, mine is doing more or less the same thing.

The cabs are loaded as a background process. It takes about 45 seconds to load all the cabs. That said there should be some indication to the user that the cabs are not loaded when browsing using the picker.

This is a bug. There is nothing wrong with your unit.

The mini utility mangles the cab names for me. I upload about 20 from a folder (standard Ownhammer names). Windows 10. I tried a few times.
upload_2018-5-15_9-49-43.png upload_2018-5-15_9-52-8.png

Took me SOOOOO long to figure this out... Now if I could figure out a good way to batch convert .wavs into .syx

Not needed. When the Cab Manager is added to Axe-Edit III, it'll convert on the fly.

The cabs are loaded as a background process. It takes about 45 seconds to load all the cabs. That said there should be some indication to the user that the cabs are not loaded when browsing using the picker.

This is a bug. There is nothing wrong with your unit.
AHHHHH ok so I just discovered then that if I wait that 45 sec or so before launching Axe Edit then all user cabs load in axe edit as well instead of having to do a refresh every time!

Back
Top Bottom