Loading User cabs (Excellent Process)

markmusicman

Experienced
Here is what I did to load all 100 user cabs with my favorite user cabs. First of all I have purchased both the Producer packs and both the OH vintage and modern IRs. Then what I did was install AxeCabManager the utility some great Fractal forum member created. Then what I did was use Axe edit 1.9 to make use of the Axe manager, I loaded all 100 user slots at a time working through all the cabs I have purchased. Once I had 100 slots filled I would close the Axe edit 1.9 and open the AxeCabManager utility. Then I went through all 100 auditioning them just by using the up and down arrows on the keyboard. As I found the ones I liked I right clicked on the cab and saved it to favorites. At the completion of going through the first 100 I would switch over to the favorites tab and then I made a folder where I put all the favorite Cab files from the group. I created a folder where I copied my favorite cabs from the folders from OH and the Producer packs. I did this for all cabs I purchased, I actually came up with 100 cabs I loved in the folder. Once this was complete I used Axe edit 1.9 to load all 100 of my favorite cabs. This process worked great and man I have some great cabs picked out. I liked the OH the best it appears and then the Mad Oak and a few of the Well spring. There was actually a few 1X8, 1X10 and 1X12s that sounded pretty dam good I cant remember but think they were from the Mad Oak. Anyways this is how I did this and I hope others are able to load them as easily as I did. Once they do an update to Axe edit 3.0 you will be able to use that to do this process versus the older version.

I was under the impression that this process would NOT work with AE3.0...thought we had to use Fractal-Bot to load cabs, since Axe-Manger is non-functional in 3.0. Did I miss something?

Last edited:
It did take me a long time but some cabs just don't sound good to me right away so that helps. But believe me its worth it because I have the best of the best in all my user slots now at least for me. Everyone has a different sound their after but I really love all the user cabs I have set up. I have seen allot of people who like cab 103 and I have found quite a few from OH that give me that same vibe with some additional frequency ranges in them. Loading the user cabs in this manor sure beats doing them one at a time though. It sure worked great for me.

I was using Axe edit 1.9 to do this but I am only using the Axe manager which works fine for me. I have been using it to do this since 11b came out. There has been no issues for me doing this.

Just 2 more questions:
1) now that AE3.0 is just installed on my pc can i install 1.9 again on the same pc? (for the use of Axe Manage you do?)
2) you mehod is still usable now with the FW11.01?
Tnx in adv.

This was the Axe Cab Manager, it is a third party software, not the AE. Works great.

Yes actually the older version is still on your computer when installing axe edit 3.0 it just replaces the shortcut on the desktop. If you go through your windows explorer to the fractal folder you'll see axe edit 1.9. I have not updated any cabs since 11.0 was released but I cant imagine this process not working. I did load 11.01 yesterday but I have all my favorite cabs loaded. I think it will work fine.

I used the USA Lead 1, I know that cabs can sound allot different with different amps. But my main amps are the USALead 1 , Princeton Reverb, Friedman BE. I use a few other also but these are the ones I have been working with the most. I really love the OH V30 Chinese version cab. I like the Studio vintage, Studio modern T1 & T2. I mean they are all awesome sometimes its hard to choose.

The snag here is that, very bizarrely, you can't bulk load user cabs into the Axe Manager. I was hoping ACM did this also, but no it just polls the Axe, mainly because AE was lacking in that simple functionality regarding usercab audition. I haven't checked out AE 3 yet.....

Here is what I did ... I loaded all 100 user slots at a time working through all the cabs I have purchased. ...

Sounds great, :encouragement: but I am having a little trouble following the above. :confusion:

Did you load "all 100 user slots [one] at a time ..." or did you load "all 100 user slots at [one] time ..." ? :)

Oh, okay. I didn't think dragging from a folder to Axe Manager would work. Thought I tried it but I guess not.

Some people have cautioned me not to use Axe Edit 1.9 as they have ran into issues. The only thing I have used it for is loading user cabs and have not had any issues. yesterday someone said they had an issue where they had to wipe their user cabs clean with some process because they believe that axe manage did something when loading cans. This may be true but for me I have loaded my user cabs slots at least 5 times 100 cabs at a time and never had an issue. Hopefully they are working hard on Axe manage for the next release of Axe edit.

Oh, okay. I didn't think dragging from a folder to Axe Manager would work. Thought I tried it but I guess not.

Yes it did work for me, I basically opened Axe manage in axedit 1.9 then i dragged the cabs i wanted to load. Then I simply said send to axe and they send one at a time it takes about 5 minutes to load all 100.

Yes it did work for me, I basically opened Axe manage in axedit 1.9 then i dragged the cabs i wanted to load. Then I simply said send to axe and they send one at a time it takes about 5 minutes to load all 100.
Not sure about PC, but on Mac version of AE 1.09 in axe manage window the left column has a computer icon.

I used that left column to navigate to my own hammer folders, highlight the cabs I want, copy, use left column to navigate to "user cabs" highlight a cab, paste. Repeat until you're ready to send. Highlight all cabs you've pasted into user cabs window, right click (on mac), select "send to axe-fx."

For whatever reason, this sends the cabs VERY quickly.

At that point, I have all cabs at my fingers with the Lemur Axe-Fx editor. It updates and fields populate as soon as the last cab is sent.

IMG_0437.PNG

Back
Top Bottom