Loading Power Amp

Beyond

I just got a new to me axe 2xl and a matrix gt1000 dual slot. Can I just load one side of the power amp with a cab and leave nothing hooked up to the other side. Will be using a recto 4x12 at 8 ohms...and possible 2x12 for smaller shows. I'm also assuming that the amp will be in stereo mode so no signal goes to the other side. Thanks in advance!

I just got a new to me axe 2xl and a matrix gt1000 dual slot. Can I just load one side of the power amp with a cab and leave nothing hooked up to the other side. Will be using a recto 4x12 at 8 ohms...and possible 2x12 for smaller shows. I'm also assuming that the amp will be in stereo mode so no signal goes to the other side. Thanks in advance!
Yes, you should be safe... But check the user manual. I have a GT800FX and sometimes use only 1 cab. I think I researched the same question when I got it.

You could also set it to bridged mode...

I got it used so no manual. Bridged is an option but that's a lot of power for a 4x12 or a 2x12...isn't the front dials attenuators not actual volume, so there potential spikes. Unless I'm wrong or misunderstanding which is fine as long as I don't toast my cab.

I got it used so no manual. Bridged is an option but that's a lot of power for a 4x12 or a 2x12...isn't the front dials attenuators not actual volume, so there potential spikes. Unless I'm wrong or misunderstanding which is fine as long as I don't toast my cab.
Me too... It's online, as someone already posted.

Whether you run it bridged or not, the power output is potentially very high for a 4x12... Just don't play too loud. Pretty much all power amps "volume" knobs are attenuators.

Yep no problem running one side and leaving the other unloaded. Stereo mode as you state, just routes the signal to the one side.

Back
Top Bottom