Loading IR's

AaronB

Ive looked around for some help on this but couldnt find much. The Axe wiki page doesnt exactly make it very clear so yeah real quick, How do you load an IR into the axe fx 2? I pulled up axe manage and hit "import", selected the cab I wanted to use and then hit "Send to axe fx" but got nothing. Help? Also The user cab Area in axe manage is all grayed out and with red circles next to them all.

Ive looked around for some help on this but couldnt find much. The Axe wiki page doesnt exactly make it very clear so yeah real quick, How do you load an IR into the axe fx 2? I pulled up axe manage and hit "import", selected the cab I wanted to use and then hit "Send to axe fx" but got nothing. Help? Also The user cab Area in axe manage is all grayed out and with red circles next to them all.

Quoted from the Axe-Edit manual:

"Sending User Cab IRs to the Axe-Fx:

This tutorial assumes that you have copied your cab files and folders to the default cabs folder, located at
\documents\Fractal Audio\Workspace\Axe-Edit\Cabs.

1. Begin with the Axe-Fx : User Cabs view selected (see The User Cabs View, p. 15).
2. Right/control click on the Axe-Edit : Cabs and choose “New view here”.
3. This multi- view allows you to copy/paste or drag and drop cabs from your hard drive to the memory slots
on the Axe-Fx.
4. After you have populated the IR files into the Axe-Fx User Cabs view, select FILE: Send to Axe-Fx: Changes
Only. The icons for cabs which have been transferred will turn from gray to green to indicate
successful transfer.
5. Other Send to Axe-Fx options, such as right clicking an individual cab and choosing Send to Axe-Fx
Selected Cab are self-explanatory".

Open the Cab picker window under tools in Axe-Edit.

Open another window where you have your IR's.

Drag and drop them where you want them in the user IR slots. Hit Save.

Done.

Ha, I was just about to ask this question, but figured I wasn't the only one. Maybe someone can add Cab IR loading to Axe Bot since that is how I load new firmware, not via Axe Edit.

Also, are the included UR cabs that are in the firmware folder automatically loaded with the new firmware or do I have to load them manually? Would be nice to have more detailed instructions on procedures in the release notes.

Back
Top Bottom