Loading Factory Presets

rtcook

Experienced
How can I load the all Factory Presets into Banks D, E & F of my Axe II XL+ using Axe Edit? I've watched the videos, read a bunch of posts and tried to do it myself. Can't seem to figure it out. Can anyone help?

Use FractalBot to push the individual bank files and it will prompt for which bank to load in.

Cheers

Please read this whole thing, as I tell the instructions, but suggest some things after.

Click tools, Axe Manage Presets. Click ok on any warning screens.

Click once on the first preset you want to move.

Use the scroll bar on the bottom to scroll right to the last preset you want to move.

Hold the shift key on your keyboard and while holding, click the last preset you want to move. All presets between the first and last preset should turn blue meaning they are selected.

Carefully click and hold any selected preset and while holding, drag the selection to the right edge of the Manage window. You should start scrolling over and should see the presets show where they will move to. Once they are in the position you want, let go of the click.

Wait and be patient for the operation to complete. Do not click things, do not play your guitar, do not adjust things on the front panel.

If you aren't familiar with clicking and dragging, I suggest scrolling toward the end of the list and moving 1 preset at a time first, until you get used to the action. Then try a small selection, maybe 8 or so, with the click-shift-click method I described.

Even after getting confortable with this, I'd suggest moving smaller amounts of presets at a time, rather than all 384 or however many you are trying to move.

Just be warned that moving large numbers of presets this way is, ahem, not fun. It takes like 15 years or so for the process to complete, and everything looks broken, laggy, and there's no meaningful information on the progress. You sit there helplessly and watch this endless torturous debacle. No, not fun at all.

It was so miserable that I made myself a promise to never do that again. I found that deleting a bank and then uploading it to a new location using Fractal-Bot is much better. Maybe not faster, but at least things don't look like your Axe will just die on you.

Could not get the Axe Edit method to work. After selecting all the presets (all highlighted) when I attempted to drag them it would only take one preset not the entire selected group. On the other hand, the Fractal Bot method worked flawlessly. Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Could not get the Axe Edit method to work. After selecting all the presets (all highlighted) when I attempted to drag them it would only take one preset not the entire selected group. On the other hand, the Fractal Bot method worked flawlessly. Thanks guys for the suggestions.
make sure Auto-Audition at the top of the menu is turned off.

Didn't matter. I tried it on and off with the same result. Only grabbed one of the highlighted presets from the group.

Didn't matter. I tried it on and off with the same result. Only grabbed one of the highlighted presets from the group.
hmm, not sure why. i believe you, but if you watch this video at 12:39, i discuss how to move multiple presets. note that i am dragging them from a different location (the browser), but it should function the same. you're saying you don't get the same result when you follow the instruction at 12:39?

Back
Top Bottom