Loading blocks in FW10

Wildwind

Experienced
Been gone a few days, now returning to this matter. I downloaded some FW10 blocks from a respected Forum member, but the instructions I was given to load them aren't working for me. I'm using the latest Axe-Edit, don't know how else to do it. They're in the right folder, etc., but don't show up when I try to recall them. I even put them in multiple folders just in case I missed something, but I'm still not seeing them. Blocks that I create and save are perfectly fine.

I don't mind using MIDI-Ox, but don't know how to get them in the right place. I would prefer to use AE if possible.

Anyone?

Meanwhile I'll renew my attack on the problem. I'm sure I'm missing something simple. If these need to be infused into the Axe II to work, I'm pretty sure I'm missing the vital step.

Thanks - Greg

Okay. I'll look around for the instructions, but would appreciate a shortcut if someone can point the way. I did look before, but didn't find. I'll keep at it.

Ive been told old blocks wont work in new axe edit. I have them in the folder and they dont appear in axe edit as a choice.

Ive been told old blocks wont work in new axe edit. I have them in the folder and they dont appear in axe edit as a choice.
That is completely TRUE.. for v9 [or earlier] blocks. But V10 blocks [like the OP stated he copied] should be fine.

Try to save a block with AE. Locate where it is on your workspace folder. Put all the effects blocks you downloaded in that folder. AE will only see FW10 compatible blocks though, the older ones won't be compatible

Been gone a few days, now returning to this matter. I downloaded some FW10 blocks from a respected Forum member, but the instructions I was given to load them aren't working for me. I'm using the latest Axe-Edit, don't know how else to do it. They're in the right folder, etc., but don't show up when I try to recall them. I even put them in multiple folders just in case I missed something, but I'm still not seeing them. Blocks that I create and save are perfectly fine.

I don't mind using MIDI-Ox, but don't know how to get them in the right place. I would prefer to use AE if possible.

Anyone?

Meanwhile I'll renew my attack on the problem. I'm sure I'm missing something simple. If these need to be infused into the Axe II to work, I'm pretty sure I'm missing the vital step.

Thanks - Greg

Who knows what happens if you find a way to import old blocks. What would happen to the parameters that were there in FW9.xx and are now missing in FW10.xx and vice versa? Big risk.
You could try to find a way to display these blocks content and dial them in all new from scratch.

Who knows what happens if you find a way to import old blocks. What would happen to the parameters that were there in FW9.xx and are now missing in FW10.xx and vice versa? Big risk.
You could try to find a way to display these blocks content and dial them in all new from scratch.
Installing the old AE 1.317 on a laptop, close to the computer you use for AE 1.9, would do the job, as it can work in offline mode. Just copy the settings manually

You can even install AE 1.9 and AE 1.317 both and run them simultaneously on the same pc. That's how I do it at the moment. I gave both versions their own workspace to keep things organised.

Installing the old AE 1.317 on a laptop, close to the computer you use for AE 1.9, would do the job, as it can work in offline mode. Just copy the settings manually

Genius! I forgot that I could use my laptop as well. Putting a laptop on top of the axe-fx rig seems to be a fast and easy way to read out old values and to compare them with the new settings.

The blocks were supposed to be for FW10. I am aware they are not compatible otherwise. But the only explanation that fits is that they are not. I've tried everything and AE simply isn't seeing them, but can see the ones I created and one I swiped from a factory preset.

Reloading an older AE and manually recreating is a very good idea. I was actually wondering how I could do that, never thought of that solution. Duh.

Thanks everyone. I'll assume that's the only solution.

FWIW, the idea of a pedal library is very appealing to me. All of these were pedals I either used to own or wanted to own. I don't use drives in the Axe that much - the amps are just so good on their own. But I do like the idea of having such a collection on hand.

Back
Top Bottom