LM Life Pad

Larry Mitchell

Power User
HI Guys I made a couple of Presets some of you may like. Here is the first one I call it Life Pad (W) the (W) means there is the Pedal is a Wah.

It's easier for me to explain all the Scenes on video. So here is the video Link. :)

Thank you for watching
Larry

Attachments

• LM Life Pad (W).syx
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,529
I apologize in advance, but I am still new to the whole Fractal thing. What is the signal path in that patch? The way I see it, some of the sound does not go thru the amp and cab blocks. Is this correct? Am I missing something?

image.png
I apologize in advance, but I am still new to the whole Fractal thing. What is the signal path in that patch? The way I see it, some of the sound does not go thru the amp and cab blocks. Is this correct? Am I missing something?

I am running the top row as my normal guitar rig- Wah, amp and cab plus basic effects this row and sound is always on.

The row underneath gets pure unamp'd straight from guitar and that's treated like I would a synth preset. But with the multi delay. The row gets bypassed when I want any kind of normal guitar sound. Leads. Clean rhythm. Etc.

Hope that helps
Larry

OK - then I understood correctly - thank you :)

I look forward to having an Ax8, so I could just load the preset and get a better grasp at the finer workings of things. But this is great inspiration for the waiting period :)

Beautiful sounds :) I'm curious to see your wah settings? On a youtube video a couple years ago you had this amazing wah and I could never get mine to sound that way.

For those who load the preset:

- Larry has the Wah auto-engage at heel-down instead of toe-down (Off Val = 95%). So the Wah may be engaged depending on your pedal's position.

- The file is a preset-cab "bundle": the preset comes with an IR (baked in). The bundled IR is saved in a scratchpad slot. When you save the preset, you get to select the user cab slot in which the IR is stored permanently, and the Cab will link to that selected slot. In this case, scene 1, which is set to Cab-Y, will work correctly. However, the other scenes are set to Cab-X, which points to another user cab slot, which may be empty or contain another IR (this slot doesn't point to the bundled IR). This is the reason why the other scenes may be muted or sound off.

For those who load the preset:

- Larry has the Wah auto-engage at heel-down instead of toe-down (Off Val = 95%). So the Wah may be engaged depending on your pedal's position.

- The file is a preset-cab "bundle": the preset comes with an IR (baked in). The bundled IR is saved in a scratchpad slot. When you save the preset, you get to select the user cab slot in which the IR is stored permanently, and the Cab will link to that selected slot. In this case, scene 1, which is set to Cab-Y, will work correctly. However, the other scenes are set to Cab-X, which points to another user cab slot, which may be empty or contain another IR (this slot doesn't point to the bundled IR). This is the reason why the other scenes may be muted or sound off.
Hi Yek, thank you!!! I had not realized the XY for the cab was still used. It's the same cab with tiny settings differences but most of the time it's the same cab.
Thanks for catching that!

Back
Top Bottom