Living on a Prayer Without an Expression Pedal

GiRa

Power User
Here's is a version of "Living on a Prayer" with the talkbox that does not use an expression pedal. Everything is tied to the envelope follower. There are a formant, a filter and a compressor that follow the envelope and change the behavior according to the pitch (IIRC) for the little fill in the second verse.

Great...
Here's is a version of "Living on a Prayer" with the talkbox that does not use an expression pedal. Everything is tied to the envelope follower. There are a formant, a filter and a compressor that follow the envelope and change the behavior according to the pitch (IIRC) for the little fill in the second verse.

Great... very nice..... presets??

Here's the preset. I stripped off all my external controllers and global blocks, converted it to scenese and made a "mix" with the factory cabs that is in the ballpark. I used a ML USA Bul SM57-MD421 01 which has even more mids.

Scene 1 rhythm
Scene 2 talkbox
Scene 3 talkbox + solo
Scene 4 solo
Scene 5 last note of the solo

Axe-Fx II

Attachments

• Livin' on a Prayer Forum.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 311
Here's the preset. I stripped off all my external controllers and global blocks, converted it to scenese and made a "mix" with the factory cabs that is in the ballpark. I used a ML USA Bul SM57-MD421 01 which has even more mids.

Scene 1 rhythm
Scene 2 talkbox
Scene 3 talkbox + solo
Scene 4 solo
Scene 5 last note of the solo

Axe-Fx II
Thanks

That sounds great - I like the freestylin' in the solo

I also tried to set up a patch for this tone using no external pedals. I could never get a convincing sound using my foot as the formant controller. Here, I use the sequencer controller for the riff and the LFO for the C and D chords - works quite well I think. Take a listen if you want :)

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/livin-on-a-prayer-preset-video.120612/#post-1436616
Very cool! I still prefer the envelope as I can control the vowels with the picking hand. It's very useful for the verse and when playing chords.

Ciao ho provato il tuo preset...bello...ho anche io una jem come la tua..un 1997... tastiera in ebano..sei un malato come me X vai,??

Ciao ho provato il tuo preset...bello...ho anche io una jem come la tua..un 1997... tastiera in ebano..sei un malato come me X vai,??
Hi,
When I bought this guitar I believed that Vai was a guitar designer! :O
I'm a big fan tho!

The patch I used in the video, from which I created the patch with the scenes attached here, was using an external controller to bypass the blocks needed for the talkbox. Is there an external controlled tied to something maybe?

The patch I used in the video, from which I created the patch with the scenes attached here, was using an external controller to bypass the blocks needed for the talkbox. Is there an external controlled tied to something maybe?
Oh! Right....I'll give it another try with an external controller attached.

Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom