Livestreaming? Let's talk tech

solo-act

Fractal Fanatic
Any detailed info would be great. If you're doing it, or know someone who is, or you're watching others, let's discuss.

If you can describe platform, requirements, specs, capability, routing, integration, etc. for any of the following, fire away:
Preferred platform
Add-on audio routing software
Video routing / add-on software (can you route phone video into desktop computer streaming setup?)

Last edited:
I found this, but doesn’t look like it can be tailored to integrate into FB or YT or google hangouts streaming. Still looking into it.

Thank You! This could be huge for people like me. Of course one of my biggest problems is teaching students and trying to hear the audio on their end. Often they are just using a tablet or a laptop, and not sure I could get them to set up this software on their end, but at least they could hear me better. And it does give me options when working with studio clients. Very cool.

Still using the Audiomovers Listento plug multiple times a day to teach students (video via Zoom). Everyone is supper impressed with the audio quality. I also love using my DAW to control the audio vs trying to deal with the very limited audio controls in Zoom or Skype. And of course having my guitar direct via my Axe FX III vs mic'd in the room is just icing on the cake.

Something one of my band mates found and suggested a few days ago. I haven't played with it yet but its interesting. JamKazam
If your bandmate knows how to do video routing from an phone into JamKazam let me know. I glanced through the YT tutorials (they're all 5 years old or older) and didn't see anything in the interface for handling video.

FYI, on their site > media page > help button > jamkazam support --- their helpdesk support is dead.

Nothing I've seen addresses how to route iPhone video (I don't have a webcam) and audio interface audio (far better than an iPhone mic) into a desktop computer and broadcast that.

I think I'll dive into Open Broadcaster Software and use this add-on to bring in the iPhone video:
https://obs.camera/docs/getting-started/ios-camera-plugin-usb/

From there it'll be all about minimizing delay while syncing audio & video sources and then simulcasting the output.

Back
Top Bottom