Live videos (with an orchestra!)

Poparad

Power User
My band, Axon-Neuron, had our CD release show in January and had an orchestra accompany us on some numbers (plus play a few pieces I wrote just for the orchestra). I had the concert recorded and filmed, and I'm finally getting some of the editing finished.

I'm playing a Xen 9-string guitar and a Carvin acoustic (using a mic'd tonematch preset) through my AxeFX II. I think I was on Quantum 1 at that point.

I really liked all those songs, will be looking out for the album, thanks for posting this.
There may have been some tuning issues.

Great stuff, bro. Must have been amazing having an orchestra accompany you! Is your 9 standard, down to C#? I just got some custom Bare Knuckles for my 9 and man, I LOVE them. They balance is even across the range. Almost piano-like lows. Anyway, thanks for sharing! :)

EDIT: Watched all the videos. I really enjoyed the music. It reminds of Thinking Plague, but far more grounded. Really nice work. Is this going to be available as an official release?

Last edited:
Great stuff, bro. Must have been amazing having an orchestra accompany you! Is your 9 standard, down to C#? I just got some custom Bare Knuckles for my 9 and man, I LOVE them. They balance is even across the range. Almost piano-like lows. Anyway, thanks for sharing! :)

EDIT: Watched all the videos. I really enjoyed the music. It reminds of Thinking Plague, but far more grounded. Really nice work. Is this going to be available as an official release?

Quite a different tuning, actually: It's a standard 8, but down a whole step, and the 9th string is actually an extra high string (G).

And yes! We released the album in January. It's a 16-track double album, and includes all the orchestral stuff:

https://axonneuron.bandcamp.com/

I really liked all those songs, will be looking out for the album, thanks for posting this.
There may have been some tuning issues.

For "Euclid," the first tune of the night, my guitar had been sitting under the air vent for about an hour after sound check and I didn't realize how far it had dropped until I started playing. Got that fixed for the second tune, though.

Back
Top Bottom