Live Use/ IEM Question

Lets say I didnt hook up the FrFr monitor and connected my IEM system to OUT2. If I added an OUT2 block to my preset, could I then EQ my in-ear mix with the OUT2 global settings?

Bump because I want to potentially try this at rehearsal tomorrow. If I connected my IEM system to OUT2 and added a EQ block before an OUT2 block or used OUT2 global settings to EQ my in ears, could I then just connect my FrFr to my headphones jack and use the volume knob on the FrFr to control volume? Would all this work?

Bump because I want to potentially try this at rehearsal tomorrow. If I connected my IEM system to OUT2 and added a EQ block before an OUT2 block or used OUT2 global settings to EQ my in ears, could I then just connect my FrFr to my headphones jack and use the volume knob on the FrFr to control volume? Would all this work?

If you do it this way you will not have the band in your IEM’s you will only have your guitar. The best thing to do is run your IEMs off the monitor/aux mix of your mixer and EQ it there.

If you do it this way you will not have the band in your IEM’s you will only have your guitar. The best thing to do is run your IEMs off the monitor/aux mix of your mixer and EQ it there.
Plan to take a monitor send from the board to IN 2 on FM3

I apologize if I missed something as I've only had one shot of espresso this morning. Have you tried adding a little reverb to your IEM mix. I absolutely LOVE monitoring my guitar through my IEMs. I'm running 64audio iems in stereo through sennheiser g3. IEMs and transmitters make a huge difference. My bass player was shocked when he plugged into my Sen (he uses a CAD unit).

I apologize if I missed something as I've only had one shot of espresso this morning. Have you tried adding a little reverb to your IEM mix. I absolutely LOVE monitoring my guitar through my IEMs. I'm running 64audio iems in stereo through sennheiser g3. IEMs and transmitters make a huge difference. My bass player was shocked when he plugged into my Sen (he uses a CAD unit).
I usually have reverb active in all my patches. I have a Shure PSM300 with Shure SE535s so it's not the best, but not the worst. Obviously the tone from an in ear mix is fundamentally different, Im just trying to add a little attack and bite for when I have to solo

It does but then that EQ's the FOH sound, I want to be able to EQ my guitar sound independently of FOH
Then the only way this would work is if you routes no other signals but your guitar through the IEM’s so how would you monitor the rest of the band

Then the only way this would work is if you routes no other signals but your guitar through the IEM’s so how would you monitor the rest of the band
Your monitor eq should not effect front of house sound only what is being sent to that monitor

I usually have reverb active in all my patches. I have a Shure PSM300 with Shure SE535s so it's not the best, but not the worst. Obviously the tone from an in ear mix is fundamentally different, Im just trying to add a little attack and bite for when I have to solo
Last thought...how about adding the changes you're talking about to your lead scene and see if it still sounds good through FOH???

Last thought...how about adding the changes you're talking about to your lead scene and see if it still sounds good through FOH???
Ive tried that and I fully understand in ears just sound different, but I wanted to try EQ the channel separately

Sending a monitor line from the mixer to IN2 of the FM3 would allow me to get the rest of the band in my mix

Back
Top Bottom