Live Use: FM3 alone or with FC-6 / FC-12?

For live use, are you using FM3 alone or FM3 with FC6 or 12?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The mosky 2 button momentary switches are cheap and work well. I've got one, and had no issues whatsoever setting it up.

I put my vote for FC6 because it's such an amazing add-on with the OMG9 setup. It seems a bit expensive, but as it seamlessly integrates without much effort, it's so easy to use. It's also incredibly versatile and fairly easy to customize your own setup/variation of the OMG9 config. You may be able to get similar functionality out of various midi solutions, it will just require a lot more effort. For me, the ease of setup justifies the additional cost of the FC6.

I have both OMG3 and OMG9 on my FM3, plus have the FC-6 that fits into the bag I use, so I can work with whatever floor space I have available... unless the stage is so small the bass player keeps hitting me with his headstock. :-/

You may be able to get similar functionality out of various midi solutions, it will just require a lot more effort. For me, the ease of setup justifies the additional cost of the FC6.
Exactly. I had an MC-6 and could get it to do lots of things, but it was never as well integrated as I knew it should be, so I got the FC-6.

If you use just the FM3 alone, how would you turn on/off separate effects at once? I dont own the FM3 so im asking because I might purchase. Are you limited to just making separate scenes within 1 preset and setting them up so they have different effects activated that you want? Or is there an efficient way to have your rig and turn on/off effects as you wish.

I think I will be set with FM3 and Mini Stand In pedal used to change my presets. Also an expression pedal. I think if our church did more spontaneous moments an FC6 would be warranted, but we run through our 3 songs and play them just like the studio version and thats it.
What’s a mini stand in pedal?

FM3 alone with Mosky dual switch assigned as stand in switches, one for view +/- and the other for tuner/MLM.

I stay on one layout, views 1-2 are scenes, view 3 is effect bypass for drive, delay and boost on tap and channel switching on hold. View 4 is preset selection with hold bank up/down on switches 1 and 3, with wrap to limit it to my 8 gig presets. But live I really only need scenes and preset changes, nothing spontaneous happens in our set where I'd need to change things on the fly.

I have an FC6 that's fun for messing around with at home to turn stuff on and off at will, but my gig needs don't require it so I'm good with the minimal setup. Not that I've actually had much chance to gig...but will soon.

Hi - curious to see how many are going it alone with just the FM3 (with or without external switches) vs how many are using the dedicated footswitch? (FC6 / FC12) Or maybe some are using a midi pedal?
I just got my FM3 a couple weeks ago, with the initial intention of getting the FC6 to go with it. After my first band rehearsal, I decided to use my One Control Gecko Mk III for switching up to 20 presets (more than I need for my band) as well as tap tempo with the 3rd button, and a Mission Engineering TT-2 for banking scenes up and down. That way I can leave it on scenes view for the whole show (whenever the hell that happens again). Also using my old Polytune Mini as my tuner. With all of this I don't need to menu dive during a performance. Here's my mocked up board as of today... waiting on screws to bolt down my FM3 and EV-1. Also bought the York Audio cab packs for Orange PPC412 v30's and EVH 5153. Amazing time to be alive as a guitarist :)

Attachments

• IMG_3236.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_3236.JPG.jpeg
    484.5 KB · Views: 32
I have both OMG3 and OMG9 on my FM3, plus have the FC-6 that fits into the bag I use, so I can work with whatever floor space I have available... unless the stage is so small the bass player keeps hitting me with his headstock. :-/
Ha, make him stand to the left.

Back
Top Bottom