Live Tutorial - Scenes - AxeFxTutorials.com

What Day and Time works best? (PST Time Zone)

• Tuesday

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Friday

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • PST "Morning"

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • PST "Afternoon"

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • PST "Evening"

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

chris

Owner's Manual Reader
Hey everyone, I'm planning to do a live tutorial and workshop discussing Scenes sometime this week. I could do it a few times I guess, but what's a good day of the week and or time to do it?

It will be at the Chat page on my site, so people will be able to ask questions via text chat after each section of my presentation. Suggested donation is $5 to attend.

I plan to run through everything related to Scenes, with a bit of history regarding Presets and XY switching. It will probably be an hour or so, but might go longer or shorter depending.

Let me know if this is something people are interested in, and I'll consider doing more live tutorials. With the Axe changing all the time, I think I prefer live video vs recording and editing videos that will be outdated at some point. At least for some topics.

Please vote for a day AND time slot, or multiple choices if applicable. Thanks!

thanks for the votes so far. if you could bump the thread while you're at it, that'd be helpful :)

Hey everyone, I'm planning to do a live tutorial and workshop discussing Scenes sometime this week. I could do it a few times I guess, but what's a good day of the week and or time to do it? It will be at the Chat page on my site, so people will be able to ask questions via text chat after each section of my presentation. Suggested donation is $5 to attend. I plan to run through everything related to Scenes, with a bit of history regarding Presets and XY switching. It will probably be an hour or so, but might go longer or shorter depending. Let me know if this is something people are interested in, and I'll consider doing more live tutorials. With the Axe changing all the time, I think I prefer live video vs recording and editing videos that will be outdated at some point. At least for some topics. Please vote for a day AND time slot, or multiple choices if applicable. Thanks!

Thanks for doing this Chris!
Can you record the presentation?

I'm in... bump to the top

Chris, perhaps you could make the show available on your Tutorials page after the fact, in case I miss it the first go. Donation either way!

Are the time in the votes your time, US time or European time?
I voted tuesday morning, but as in tuesday morning European time.

Are the time in the votes your time, US time or European time?
I voted tuesday morning, but as in tuesday morning European time.

There is no GMT option for Tuesday morning in the Poll; GMT is 7 hours ahead of PST. I want it to be in the evening so have voted for a GMT afternoon session which in theory should start after 19h00 sometime here in the UK.

Chris, are we going to need our gear for this? I ask because I will be travelling and probably watching this from a hotel room; so I probably won't be able to lug my stuff around with me.

I'll be able to do this many times, so don't worry too much about missing things. I'll test out recording and see how it works, just don't want to promise anything.

Because I have my own streaming site and service, I can do these almost anytime. I'm almost considering making smaller groups so people have a better opportunity to ask questions. But I'll do one and see how it goes.

Like I said before, live video is great because of the interaction that can happen, and I can adjust to any changes as well. Excited to finally get this going after wanting to do it for almost 2 years!

hey everyone. i'm going to do my first run of this live tutorial in about an hour or so.

please head over to my chat page and hang out in the text chat for a bit. the video stream will be off for now, but i'll turn it on when we get closer to the live stream.

i'll test recording this one as well, but if you miss this one, don't worry, i'll be doing this stream multiple times tomorrow and in the future as well.

there is a suggested $5 donation if this presentation helps you out in any way (paypal link on the chat page). i'll accept more or less as you see fit as well ;) if people enjoy this live stream thing, i might create a more formal schedule with subscription packages, but that requires me buying and setting up additional services. so i'm going this route for now. thanks for understanding.

alrighty, so check out my chat page, hang out in text chat for now and i'll see you in a bit!

AxeFxTutorials Chat | AxeFxTutorials.com

just finished the live stream.

thanks to everyone who came in and watched the stream. we covered a TON, so thank you for sitting through my first presentation.

i'm going to try and clean up a few things so some sections go a bit faster, but it's really important to me that people understand the basics before moving on to the advanced. there were a LOT of lightbulb moments from different people during the stream.

i plan to do the same Scene tutorial tomorrow around 11am PDT (California) time, so if you want to start showing up 30 minutes before that to get into the chat that would be great.

thanks for all the support.

Last edited:
Count me in. I will check your website to see if there is an email list I can get on so I know when the next stream is scheduled.

Thanks Chris!

No email list just yet. Facebook or Twitter is the best for now. I'm looking into a more unified solution over the next few weeks of people continue to be interested in this sorta thing. Thanks

Thanks again for the live stream. Had no idea I could do XY changes using scenes, heck I was missing out on a killer feature of the axe the whole time. Looking forward to the next one.

Hi Chris, I found your live stream by accident when checking "what's new". I was only able to stop by for 10 minutes, but well done! Please keep them coming!

Back
Top Bottom