Live Setup Qustion

Satch4u3

Experienced
Let me first start by describing my live setup. At the moment, I am running a JVM410HJS into a Two Notes Torpedo Live. From the Line out of the Torpedo (SPDIF) into the SPDIF In on the Axe Fx 2 MkII. Simply using delays, reverbs, pitch and other time based effects.

What my question is, is there any benefit of using both XLR left and right out of the Axe Fx 2 into out mixing board? Given we are not running stereo 95% of the time.

Only for the 5% I would guess. The signal will only be in stereo if you are using stereo delays, pans, or stereo reverbs and the value of live stereo effects is questionable in a lot of cases.

I guess my answer would be why not use two channels that way if you use any effects such as Chorusing, delay, etc you will be setup to capture it if needed I always run in stereo.

My answer is no. Fix your 5% of the time delay, rev, chorus, etc, to be mono output and be done with it.

Strive top develop your best sound and if that includes stereo effects why not is the question? You wouldn't be asking this unless you are thinking about developing your sound further!! Do what sounds the best.

Back
Top Bottom