Live Setup - describe yours - direct or mic

AX8 output 1 mono to FOH with monitor feed from mixer back to Atomic CLR and output 2 goes to Matrix GT1000fx and cabinet for stage. Depending on venue the cabinet could be 412, 212 or 112.

This is kind of a weird setup, but after several shows, we decided that going direct was not good for us. Not because of things sounding too digital or whatever; we just preferred having the roar of blasting cabs on stage. We had multiple criticisms that going 100% direct didn't have the same power as having cabs on stage. We play fairly small shows with people right at the front, so we want to maintain the raw power when people are standing behind the FOH speakers.

Axe FX > Matrix GT1000FX > Marshall cab > whatever mic the FOH uses. The mic cable then feeds into our IEM rack which doubles the signal. One signal goes into our digital mixer and then into our wireless in-ears. The other signal goes to FOH.

Run output 1 to foh, output 2 to qsc k12 and use IEMS. I've tried with and without the K12 and prefer the k12 to be there, as it adds some girth to the stage sound, and IEMS. I can live without it though. I dont care what FOH sounds like, as i've learned not to worry about things that are not under your control. I trust the FOH can do their job, which is to make us sound good.

Last weekend I opted to go no IEMS as it would help facilitate the changeovers easier for each band. I was not as happy with my performance without them vocally. I got through it, but next gig will use my IEMS.

First few gigs I was going from Axe to FOH. Last few I have been running it through the Marshall DSL40C and mic it up. I like the way it sounds coming out of a tube amp

I'm retired from gigging. A hobbyist only:
Out 1: to PA (L&R)
Out 2: to Carvin DCM1540L power amp, left channel open back 2x12 (Fender Twin), right channel (Marshall 1960A 4x12)

Mono Axe direct to FOH.

Wired IEM for monitoring. Making the switch to wireless IEM (Memorial Day sale).

One CLR as backline because testosterone. I personally don't need it there from a practical standpoint.

Output 1: XLR Stereo out to FOH and monitors (using an IR of the below cab)
Output 2: To Matrix GT1000FX & Marshall 4x12 loaded with V30's and G12T75's.

Back
Top Bottom