Live rig with Axe-Fx III + UA Arrow + Fishman Triple Play + Laptop DAW

ectoplasm88

Inspired
So I'm trying to figure out how I want to configure my ultimate live rig. The Axe FX is at the core of it but I also want to be able to use my Fishman Triple Play along with possible leveraging UA plugins and other plugins available within a DAW. The combinations of how I can achieve all of this are kinda mind numbing so I'm hoping some others on here can share what they are using? Do you run everything into a DAW like Ableton or Logic or Protools. Do you loop the computer stuff into the Axe FX via the effects loop? Do you run the Axe FX as the sound main sound card for the computer or would you use the Arrow or some other dedicated interface? Right now I was thinking my Arrow would be the main out for all the computer audio but I'd run one of the outputs from the Axe FX to the inputs on the arrow as well so I could also take advantage of the unison plugins there. My speakers have dual inputs so I could run the main audio out of the Arrow there and also the output from the Axe FX. I know I probably just have to experiment on my own to see what the best options are for my personal workflow but if anyone wants to share what they do I'd love to hear it. Also, anyone have any experience with Mainstage? I've taken a quick look at that as a plugin platform but was curious how effective it is. Cheers!

So I'm trying to figure out how I want to configure my ultimate live rig. The Axe FX is at the core of it but I also want to be able to use my Fishman Triple Play along with possible leveraging UA plugins and other plugins available within a DAW. The combinations of how I can achieve all of this are kinda mind numbing so I'm hoping some others on here can share what they are using? Do you run everything into a DAW like Ableton or Logic or Protools. Do you loop the computer stuff into the Axe FX via the effects loop? Do you run the Axe FX as the sound main sound card for the computer or would you use the Arrow or some other dedicated interface? Right now I was thinking my Arrow would be the main out for all the computer audio but I'd run one of the outputs from the Axe FX to the inputs on the arrow as well so I could also take advantage of the unison plugins there. My speakers have dual inputs so I could run the main audio out of the Arrow there and also the output from the Axe FX. I know I probably just have to experiment on my own to see what the best options are for my personal workflow but if anyone wants to share what they do I'd love to hear it. Also, anyone have any experience with Mainstage? I've taken a quick look at that as a plugin platform but was curious how effective it is. Cheers!
Curious as well what you decided on, there are an abundance of options ..
No replies ? No one else doing the Vsts thing ?

At the moment I'm still experimenting. I currently have my Arrow looped into the Axe. I am finding I have a lot of flexibility using this method.

Wow those are £450.... not a cheap option ? do you have any foot control throrugh to the arrow ? switching amps or effects

My solo setup = guitar -> Axe-Fx III -> Macbook Pro -> Ableton Live -> USB input of a Bose ToneMatch mixer -> L1 line array. That's for loops and/or backing tracks controlled via Touchable on an iPad, a DataLooper pedal and a Morningstar MC6 MkII. Output 1 on the Axe-Fx III goes into channel 1 of the ToneMatch mixer (mine has only 4 channels but that's more than I need for a 1-person gig). FC-6 with 4 pedals and 4 switches connected to it controls the Axe, which for me is more effects than I can use intelligently. I do have an fx loop via input/output 3 that is connected to a Gamechanger Audio Plus pedal - that infinite sustain thing is the only algorithm missing from the Fractal arsenal, IMO.

Wow....trying to figure out how to use my AX8 with Mainstage Fishman Triple Play and VSTs... the midi problem with AX8 is driving me mad and every workaround seems expensive and points me towards buying a rack Helix as its totally midi compliant and i can just plug my mac book in the back and run the VSTs through... aux

no one seems to be doing the VST thing on here ... stranage i find it a brilliant addition to the sound palates i'm greating ...

I do have plans to leverage some VST's eventually... I just haven't figured out exactly how I want to do it. Probably through something like mainstage but might also use a full blow DAW like ableton, logic, or protools. UA also just announced its LUNA DAW (even though they are resisting using that term) so I might land on that. At the moment I am moving so slowly into just using the AXE itself I'm trying to stay focuses. I mostly wanted to take advantage of the UA plugins I have specifically so that is why I looped the Apollo into my rig. If I end up using any VST's that same config should work just fine for me.

I’ve seen Luna and love the idea ! Just cost and moving from Logic !
Just hoping to get axefx2 and build a rack with a Mac book - mainstage and a h3000 Mfc mk 3

I really only need omnisphere and unify

it’s the control side that I’ll struggle with need to control midi functions in omnisphere and change the Axefx at the same time using a sound card !
Just more gear to lug around but mainly in my studio so should be ok

what are you moving forward with ?
How much in Luna ?

Back
Top Bottom