Live Nation Admits To Scalping Tickets For Bands Like Metallica

What size were the venues you went too and what were the service charges? Because that is how Ticketmaster/Live Nation got their hooks into the music scene. By increasing service charges (that's what Pearl Jam took them to court over) and by getting exclusive contracts with the big venues. They probably don't consider the metal scene as interesting enough to run their usual games over. Although I wouldn't be surprised if you paid more then $2 in service charges, as they still want their cut.

Haha I had to look up the receipt. I only found gojira, turns out I paid 38 total. 26 for the ticket and 11 for service fees (change rounded/chopped off for ease). Soooo yea, still pretty outrageous by percentage. Max occupancy of the venue is between 1500-2000, but the stage floor area isn’t all that big.

Haha I had to look up the receipt. I only found gojira, turns out I paid 38 total. 26 for the ticket and 11 for service fees (change rounded/chopped off for ease). Soooo yea, still pretty outrageous by percentage. Max occupancy of the venue is between 1500-2000, but the stage floor area isn’t all that big.

$11 for service charges? :fearscream:

There's the price of monopoly for ya. Even on a relatively insignificant concert.

I’m obviously not privy to the details behind this scheme but, if I had to guess, bands are probably buying up and reselling the best seats in the towns / venues where they know they’ll sell out. We have a few of those perennial sell-outs here in Colorado - Dead and Co. At Folsom Field in Boulder, Lyle Lovett at Red Rocks to name a couple, and the tickets seemed to be gone as soon as they went on sale... now, I wonder.

Back
Top Bottom