Live Mode vs None

Narzugon

Power User
When I toggle Live Mode on and off with the same cab loaded in Scratch Pad they sound completely different. What am I doing wrong?

I created a base preset as such: Marshall>looper>Cab.
In Cablab I loaded slot 1 with lets say a 57-Cab.ir.
I also send that to Scratch Pad 1.
Confirm Scratch Pad 1 is loaded on the AxeFx via the front panel layout>cab.
Then I toggle Live Mode on and off.
Audio Settings = FAS USB Audio ASIO Driver Out 1-2 and In 1-2

I'm noticing the same thing. In live mode it is very filtered sounding. I had some settings wrong in the AxeFXII and the new manual is supposed to be online in the next few days so I'm hoping that it's just another setting or something.

Did you bypassed the CAB blocks in Livemode? In Livemode the PC or MAC is doing the CAB simulation and if you have a CAB activated in your preset you actually have two cabs in a row.

Did you bypassed the CAB blocks in Livemode? In Livemode the PC or MAC is doing the CAB simulation and if you have a CAB activated in your preset you actually have two cabs in a row.

I knew there was a problem somewhere between the keyboard and the computer chair. This was it. I was not bypassing the cab block so it was playing both. I "assumed" that Live Mode would mute/cancel the cab block even though I thought it sounded like both were being used (really phasey).

Thanks guys!

And this is why the user manual needs to be released. I had no idea that was the case.

Off to see how many hours of tweaking a human can endure in one day now. :)

Oh and has anyone fired up CabLab and AxeEdit simultaneously?

The only issue I've found with having both CabLab and AxeEdit open at that same time is that if you use CabLab to save to a user spot it won't actually save it, though the process completes as if it worked. If I shut down AxeEdit, CabLab saves it to the selected spot without an issue.

I think can lab does save it but axe edit needs to be refreshed to see the saved cab. There is an option in axe edit for this I think. Relaunching axe edit will do it also.

I think can lab does save it but axe edit needs to be refreshed to see the saved cab. There is an option in axe edit for this I think. Relaunching axe edit will do it also.

That worked. I could have sworn that was actually the first thing I tried, but obviously I didn't. Thanks.

Another thing to be aware of is that the additional modelling options in the axefx's cab block ( eg microphone modelling, speaker size, proximity effect etc ) don't appear to be modelled on the computer when in live mode.

Back
Top Bottom