Live confirmation your tone rocks

Tom Morris

Power User
Was playing a small club Friday night with a terrible stage layout for the room. The stage if you want to call it that is 3 feet from the bar and maybe 8 foot deep in an odd corner. Had a patron sitting directly in front of me all evening giving me compliments on how bad ass my tone was. He said over and over how he had never heard a band sound that good in a bar. He dropped a $100 in the tip jar at the end of the night so it made me feel good to be appreciated. First outing of my wet dry wet rig, was a bit overkill for the room but man did I have fun.

bar.jpgIMG_3381.jpg

@yek Yes sir repurposed old guitar rack, got tired of shlepping multiple rack cases and dealing with covers. Also it works out nice at a couple places I play when its off the side of the stage. @bradlake Built like an old tall thin big belly guy, and yeah back hurts buddy. Never gig without the laundry list of meds. And wheels. wheels on everything must have wheels!

@yek Yes sir repurposed old guitar rack, got tired of shlepping multiple rack cases and dealing with covers. Also it works out nice at a couple places I play when its off the side of the stage. @bradlake Built like an old tall thin big belly guy, and yeah back hurts buddy. Never gig without the laundry list of meds. And wheels. wheels on everything must have wheels!

Maybe that's a sign that you should downsize? Unless you have the guitar techs and roadies of the big artists there really is no point hauling around a rig like the big artists. For god sakes, you're playing bars, not stadiums! One with the weirdest stage layout ever. And I thought Dollars here in Nijmegen had a weird stage.

@ Dutch It has a handle on top an fixed wheels on the back bottom edge. Just tilt it back and drag it like an ampeg 8x10 cabinet. Far as transport I have a toyota minivan with a flat plywood deck built for hauling. I just lean it back and push it in, no lifting. Man hard to believe I built this case 25 years ago and have been using it in one configuration or another since. Just put new shoes on her yesterday lol.

IMG_1455.jpgIMG_3392.jpg

You built this 25 years ago? And you still play in dive bars like that? No offense, but the chances of you going up in venue seem slim. Which makes your rig for the kind of venues you will be playing in gross overkill. I still recommend you downsize to something more suitable for these venues and more friendly for your back.

The OP makes a post with something positive, so I just have to laugh at the guys throwing little rocks about rig and venue size.

Tom Morris - good for you, dude! Buy some good whisky with the $100, and keep on rocking. Way to go!

@ Dutch It has a handle on top an fixed wheels on the back bottom edge. Just tilt it back and drag it like an ampeg 8x10 cabinet. Far as transport I have a toyota minivan with a flat plywood deck built for hauling. I just lean it back and push it in, no lifting. Man hard to believe I built this case 25 years ago and have been using it in one configuration or another since. Just put new shoes on her yesterday lol.
I was just kidding. There's a Hyster in your picture.
🤣

The picture didn't really resemble the layout. Different location?

Back
Top Bottom