Live backup rig

I use an Amplifire 3 on a small board as a backup and for gigs when I need to take a tiny board - not as flexible as the ax8 but sounds pretty good. The drawback to have all your sounds in one unit is the need for a comprehensive backup regardless of how solid the ax is.

I finally got the Flyrig - I like it a lot as a backup. But the single amp simulation does not sound as good as the AX8, and the AX8 has 259 as many amp sims.

I talk about it here

I ordered and received the Atomic Ampli-Firebox and it sounded great. Honestly, it felt a little more "organic" than the Ax8, but it pops loudly when going from a/b. I'm not a roll ur volume guy, I need a switchable clean/dirty, so it's going back. The search continues :(

I finally got the Flyrig - I like it a lot as a backup. But the single amp simulation does not sound as good as the AX8, and the AX8 has 259 as many amp sims.

I talk about it here

Love the Flyrig - i also have it as my backup, but still really enjoy playing through it just to hear it.

I ordered and received the Atomic Ampli-Firebox and it sounded great. Honestly, it felt a little more "organic" than the Ax8, but it pops loudly when going from a/b. I'm not a roll ur volume guy, I need a switchable clean/dirty, so it's going back. The search continues :(

thanks for the review... how does something so obvious like this get overlooked?

I received a reply when i asked for the rma number stating that it will be addressed in a future firmware update. No response yet on a timeframe for the update. Really sux. It's perfect for my needs, but i cannot play a show with a big, loud thud blasting thru the foh & our in ears.
Hopefully the update is soon

Back
Top Bottom