Little Tybee @Cliff and Fractal team

Muretsu

I don't know if Cliff and/or the Fractal crew is aware of Josh Martin and his band Little Tybee, but I think now would be a good time to draw your attention to him. He very recently had issues with his amp and is in the market for a new amp and made mention of being interested in fractal or kemper.

He may not be as high profile as some of your fractal artist, but he is definetly has the talent. I suggested that he contact fractal, but I might as well bring it up here, if nothing else to expose the Fractal community to his work.

Here is a video to check out.
Little Tybee - Hearing Blue at Doppler Studios: Little Tybee - Hearing Blue at Doppler Studios - YouTube

Muretsu, are you this Josh Martin character?

I know a guy down in Texas. He's real famous and stuff and would totally rock out an XL if you sent him one for free. PM me and I'll send you my... Oops! I mean, HIS, mailing address.

@Rotti
I'll leave two responses first a response to the sarcasm, follows by a serious response.

Oh no how did you see through my super plan to use the anonymity of a message board to inveigle businesses to send me free stuff.
a) If you were to bother to do a modicum of research you'd see that I have an axe fx and don't need hand outs.
b) Overtly stated not famous.

Nah seriously, man, I wish I had half the talent this dood has. Just trying to help a fellow musician out. I don't care if they sell him one discounted, full price or give him one. Josh has talent and given his bands style he could help introduce fractal into a market that they dont seem to have a huge representation in (enter the ubiquitous "is the axe fx good for anything other than metal" post). What say you, we leave the message board posturing behind and just listen to, enjoy the music and take from it what we will? Good.

@funny_polymath
Agreed. Glad you liked it.

@Rotti

a) If you were to bother to do a modicum of research you'd see that I have an axe fx and don't need hand outs.

My 'modicum' of research shows that you have made 3 posts that are on record (although your post count is 14....that must mean the other 11 are very old).....and the only posts on record are in this thread.
So Rotti is very justified in his question.....just sayin.

P.S. - Cliff, you should check out my buddy Rotti, he's amazing and should get a free Axe FX in case he 'might' like it.

As has been said, Fractal boxes don't come for free. Given that Josh plays custom 8-string guitars that don't grow on trees ( ;) ), he surely manages to pay for professional gear just like any other professional guitar player.

It would be cool though, if M@ or anyone else from the Fractal staff would introduce Josh to the A-Fx II on an occasion.

By the way, I highly recommend the band, their videos and their album, which I bought. Marvelous, fresh music which really is something different.

I was just makin' jokes. Sorry it didn't come across as such via typed words on the interwebz.

In all seriousness, if Metallica is paying for their AxeFX's, I'm pretty sure that means everyone else is in the same boat.

Now, if you're as big as Metallica, I wouldn't be surprised if you maybe jump ahead in the wait list a few spots... which I don't have a beef with and I don't think anyone else should either, considering how much goes into touring production. Their crews need all the time they can have to get their ducks in a row. End result is they sound better live, their audiences enjoy the shows more, they become better ambassadors for the FAS team, wins all around except for that one dude in Australia waiting on his XL that gets riled up on here every once in a while ;)

This is a bizarre conversation. Unless this Josh guy exists in a very weird bubble he's just as aware of the Axe-FX II as every other guitar player on the planet at this point. We got guys from Iran to East Pitchfork Iowa lined up around the block to get one.

A bit of Stanley Jordan's style and sound in there... you can bet he grew up a fan of Stan...

Dude has some chops. Interesting how far down in the mix he keeps his guitar. It is just a supporting piece of the music, and not really featured as the main instrument. It's nice considering how proficient he is with his two handed style.

I do believe his tone could use some life though... it didn't "grab me" like "Oh wow!" It was just kind of there... (IMO - YMMV - +Any other internet disclaimers to keep someone from getting all offended)

Thank you for posting this...I saw this video 2 years ago and didn't find it again :O
He is really talented :) I don't want to magine what he would/could do with an axe :D

Back
Top Bottom