Little question about sustain on distorted sounds

rolidoc

Inspired
Happy new year.
I notice that in presets with distorted amps the tone often doesn't end so long or dies suddenly. With the same guitar on clean amplifiers like Fender, sustain is much longer, more natural. Can someone explain that? How can you improve sustain in distorted settings without sounding unnatural? I turned off the noisegate in the input block, no noisegate block.

Check the 'threshold' of your 'input gate' - sounds like it may be set a little too high for the high gain preset(s).

I think he mentioned that he disabled the noisegate in the input block. My best methods for getting singing sustain is add a compressor in the signal path, play loud and give your sustained notes a good wiggle waggle a la Santana. I believe that playing loud and getting that feedback from your pickups is the key. Unfortunately, due to living constraints you might not be able to play loudly. I know the feel as I am mostly limited to playing through headphones.

Perhaps invest in a sustainiac?

Happy new year.
I notice that in presets with distorted amps the tone often doesn't end so long or dies suddenly. With the same guitar on clean amplifiers like Fender, sustain is much longer, more natural. Can someone explain that? How can you improve sustain in distorted settings without sounding unnatural? I turned off the noisegate in the input block, no noisegate block.

Can you post a sample?

I think he mentioned that he disabled the noisegate in the input block. My best methods for getting singing sustain is add a compressor in the signal path, play loud and give your sustained notes a good wiggle waggle a la Santana. I believe that playing loud and getting that feedback from your pickups is the key. Unfortunately, due to living constraints you might not be able to play loudly. I know the feel as I am mostly limited to playing through headphones.

Perhaps invest in a sustainiac?
Yes, the noisegate is disabled

I just put together a quick preset with the Bludojai Lead 2 (PAB) amp and stock cab #011 1x12 Bludo Mix as well as a Zen Drive (Drive: 1-2, Level: 8-10, Tone: 7) to boost. All tone controls at default, input drive 3-4, overdrive 6-7, Master 5.
Output compression at 2.3 definitely helps the sustain.
The thing definitely sings.

Also there is something to be said for a touch of delay and reverb to lengthen the sense of sustain. Picking hard and giving your best Andy Timmons vibrato impersonation definitely helps the note last.

How loud are you playing?
I mean the difference in sustain between clean sound (is longer) and distorted sound. I noticed this difference at low volume, AXE volume on the front panel between 8 and 9 o'clock, Matrix Q12a 11 o'clock.
Sorry for my poor English

Your english is excellent!

I personally don't see this problem. I would pick 2 amps as examples (one clean, one overdriven) and post the presets that you use.

No problem with your English. :)

But I've found that, all other things being equal, more distortion = more sustain. That is the opposite of what you're experiencing, so samples would help us understand.

Your english is excellent!

I personally don't see this problem. I would pick 2 amps as examples (one clean, one overdriven) and post the presets that you use.
Hello people, I'm sorry. I tried to reproduce the phenomenon, but it doesn´t work that way. I took two simple settings, just an amplifier and a speaker with default settings. You hardly hear the difference, so nothing you want to talk about. It's more like I hear a pin drop. Maybe a conversation with a professional guitarplayer influenced me too much. He does not like the AXE because the sound in his experience does not have the sustain and dynamics of a real amp. Next week I will borrow him my AXE, then he can convince himself of the amazing features. I'm sure he will be the next AXE user. For me, I record better first and then ask, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom