Little Help Please - Setup AX8 - New EBMM JP15

I know a lot of folks on here have JP series guitars with gain boost. I am trying to figure out how to set the input level on the AX8 to handle the added signal when gain boost is engaged. If I set the level (red only occasionally) with boost on then turn boost off it sounds anemic. If I run level up to where it sounds better then it is stays red when boost engaged. I know there is a trim pot to reduce overall guitar signal level (Mag Boost) - I am assuming I need to find a happy medium.

How did you folks setup your guitar for Fractal units (I need to do his for my 1st gen Axe-FX II next) ?
JP15 into amp sounds killer but no joy in Fractal sound yet (I know it's pilot error - my Peavey Wolfgang sounds great into Axe-FX).

Any help appreciated.
Steve

I set my majesty so it doesn't clip the input without the guitar boost. Engaging the boost for sure makes the input clip, because that's what the guitar boost is supposed to do.

I thought clipping the input level introduced digital distortion which was to be avoided at all cost.

BTW THANKS for your live streams and input on this forum!

There's just no way to increase the input by up to 20 dB and not suddenly clip.

Perhaps it is introducing digital distortion and you'll just have to work with it. I use the boost on occasion, usually with high gain lead sounds, and it sounds ok to me. My input pad is set to 18. Normal tones are fine.

Back
Top Bottom