Little FM3 weirdness

Stratman68

Axe-Master
So, I reset system parameters to restart my stand in switch efforts. Lo and behold presets 0 thru 41 are ":empty" Yes empty.
No big deal for me because for one, I added a few presets at the other end and they are still there but I did swap 00 thru 7 with factory presets I wanted to use and edit for myself.
So I'll just reinstall the factory presets and have to swap 8 of them again. Not too bad. I have the ones I added to the end saved and cabs written down.
******I am running the 1.04 beta so just a warning to you all. Guess that's why it's called "beta".
And NO I did not hit reset or erase presets, if I had it would have taken them all, no just 0 - 41.

Do you not have a full system back up ?
Very first thing I dIid was back up the whole unit with Fractal Bot...AND after each up revision in firmware.

i think it mentions to perform a back up before every upgrade.....

Do you not have a full system back up ?
Very first thing I dIid was back up the whole unit with Fractal Bot...AND after each up revision in firmware.

i think it mentions to perform a back up before every upgrade.....
Ted - I know all this. Been here a while, remember?. No need for me to make a backup "yet" since I have not done ANYTHING except try out factory presets and move a few to the first 8 spots. Other than that I have been fooling with the stand in fs feature. So I have the factory presets. I haven't changed anything else in the system either.
Just for clarity, I consider myself Mr Paranoia when it comes to backups. I have backups of my AX8, AXeFX II&XL&XL+ in a safety deposit box with my regular software backups and important paperwork. Also have same at home in a safe and also on an external HD.

But your question is appreciated, because maybe I didn't know-Thanks BTW, I don't even own the other fractal gear anymore, but who knows..........

Naaah.
Say, did you ever get your stand in switches to work ? I also had a tough time getting mine to work. It took a call from Admin@ to figure it out. If you like , in kind I will do the same for you if you like. Let me know, maybe pm me.

Naaah.
Say, did you ever get your stand in switches to work ? I also had a tough time getting mine to work. It took a call from Admin@ to figure it out. If you like , in kind I will do the same for you if you like. Let me know, maybe pm me.

It’s not expected to have a system reset wipe presets.

I cannot replicate this here. Can you replicate the behavior?

Can you confirm that you checked on the hardware for the missing presets and not just in FM3-Edit?

Last edited:
It’s not expected to have a system reset wipe presets.

I cannot replicate this here. Can you replicate the behavior?

Can you confirm that you checked on the hardware for the missing presets and not just in FM3-Edit?
Nope, cannot replicate it.Yes I checked the FM# itself and FM-Edit. 0-41 were missing. Cannot explain it but figured I would post it. I didn't cvall it a bug on purpose because I cannot say it is. Hence, this post.

It gets a bit weirder actually. I decided to flash back to 103 for the time being, I usually NEVER install the beta's. I mean since forever. I am not saying it was 104 beta. Just posting what happened. Maybe I should have restarted the FM3 but I didn't. So since flashing back to 103 showed my preset changes in 0-7 I would have to assume they were there.....But not visible? Who knows. Restart might have fixed it!

Last edited:
And NO I did not hit reset or erase presets, if I had it would have taken them all, no just 0 - 41.

Actually, that preset utility erases presets one by one, sequentially, and it's not super fast. So if you accidentally executed that function and then re-started shortly thereafter, I would expect to see exactly what you've described here: presets blank from 0 to some number.

Actually, that preset utility erases presets one by one, sequentially, and it's not super fast. So if you accidentally executed that function and then re-started shortly thereafter, I would expect to see exactly what you've described here: presets blank from 0 to some number.
That is entirely possible Matt. Cannot swear I didn't do that.....My intention was only to reset the system..Anything is possible I suppose!

@Stratman68 Are you still having problems configuring your Stand-In switches? We can do a FaceTime meeting or something like that if you want help getting that straightened out.
Thanks to you and Teddis for the offer of real time help. I did get it working where I can go up and down thru my 8 preset bank. Also learning the layouts better with the view-1 and view +1 on the outside FM3 foot-switches make it so easy.
Mighty nice of both of you......Like I have said many, many times...this forum is a wealth of knowledge. Makes owning fractal products a no brainer!

As stated in op I did have some preset weirdness-Most seem to feel I did something wrong and that's OK. I can take it---kind of ;)
Anyway flashed back to 1.03 and I get block error messages.
Seems I saved some blocks with 1.04 and they are not compatible with 1.03. Bummer but understandable.
I am just going to go back to 1.04 beta.

Back
Top Bottom