LIST OF MODELS

I can see both sides of the coin on this issue. You don't want 'less superior' algorithms in the new unit, but at the same time, I'd sure like to not lose Supertweed if I sold my Ultra to buy the II. BTW, isn't the Supertweed a Fractal creation like the FAS amps?

I don't think the supertweed was based on a real amp amyway, but Cliff Frankenstein

Cliff-

Are the two ODS models based on the real amp or based off of schematics only (ie, like the two Dumble models on the previous generation)? In my limited time with the Standard I definitely preferred the HAD version; it was much livelier!

Also, what are the chances of getting the Guytron GT100 preamp on the II? The schematics are patented and can be found here: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6111961.pdf

It's mainly an 18watt EL84 Marshall poweramp run full out with a very simple tone stack and a dual-ganged gain pot for the B channel which is then slaved to a 100watt EL34 power section. Obviously you wouldn't need to model the EL34 section since it's only used for volume (the whole poweramp is designed like an old 100watt PA, very clean). In my experience there isn't really anything out there that sounds like the A and B channel on this amp.

I'll second that....any beta testers in So Cal? I'll buy the beer for a sneak listen
to this new miracle!!

I find it very hard to believe that the "II" is an audible sonic improvement to a well-tweaked
Ultra patch with an appropriate Redwirez/Ownhammer cab IR. But 50 User Slots? Arrrggh!. I'd kill
just to get 10 more in the Ultra.

I'll "third" that!

I could port the old one over as-is. I was going to buy a Chieftain and put it through the whole analysis process but porting it would take about an hour.

Happy with whatever amps you decide on, but I also like and use the Matchless sim in the Axe.

If not, I'll quickly find another amp I like just as much to take it's place I'm sure.

My main amp is the Energyball. Love it. So, with the Axe 2, you have an Engl Powerball in your collection that you analyzed, Cliff?

Last edited:
Cliff-

Are the two ODS models based on the real amp or based off of schematics only (ie, like the two Dumble models on the previous generation)? In my limited time with the Standard I definitely preferred the HAD version; it was much livelier!

Also, what are the chances of getting the Guytron GT100 preamp on the II? The schematics are patented and can be found here: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6111961.pdf

It's mainly an 18watt EL84 Marshall poweramp run full out with a very simple tone stack and a dual-ganged gain pot for the B channel which is then slaved to a 100watt EL34 power section. Obviously you wouldn't need to model the EL34 section since it's only used for volume (the whole poweramp is designed like an old 100watt PA, very clean). In my experience there isn't really anything out there that sounds like the A and B channel on this amp.

I believe those were base on schematics and the he got a hold of one and modeled the 3rd Dumble amp on the Standard and Ultra.

Not sure if it is classed as a amp I'd a drive block, but is the SDD-3000 Pre-amp model included in the axe-FX II? There has been talk of this coming for a long time.

Ta

Last edited:
I believe those were base on schematics and the he got a hold of one and modeled the 3rd Dumble amp on the Standard and Ultra.

I know that from the Wiki; what I'm wondering is if the ODS-100 Clean and Lead are based off of analysis of the actual amp as well, and not just the schematics. I don't think my wording was very good :cry

Hey Cliff, can you redo the AC30 model? I know that I haven't heard it and that it's not available yet, but I wanted to be included here in the conversation.

Sorry. I think that we can officially say that the excitement is starting to kick in pretty hard when there's over 100 posts on amp models for something that's been officially announced for one day and only a handful have soiled it in person. :razz

I just want to see some video clips of this thing.

Just an idea, not knowing how the data is stored but if you use ram for the amp-sims. Is it not possible to make user amps like the user cabs?
Could free up ram and make it possible to chose which amps you'd like if somebody loved the old matchless or budda etc..

Jens

Hey Cliff, can you redo the AC30 model? I know that I haven't heard it and that it's not available yet, but I wanted to be included here in the conversation.

Sorry. I think that we can officially say that the excitement is starting to kick in pretty hard when there's over 100 posts on amp models for something that's been officially announced for one day and only a handful have soiled it in person. :razz

I just want to see some video clips of this thing.

It has been redone, plus we have an AC-15 done. The redone Ac30 is amazing. Also with the new poweramp modeling the Shiva Clean is out of this world. It sounds nearly spot on to the one I have (at least going for the sound I use on it)!

Back
Top Bottom