[Implemented] List Display Zoom

There is no "hardware issue" with drawing text in larger size on a LCD. It's simply something that the current Fractal software is not designed to do. Considering how few UI updates Fractal does I would guess that changing anything on the UI itself is a bit of an ordeal.
Yes I guess you are right on that, but I think it is a major wish for many users,,,,so maybe ?

Adding the Perform-Txt Tab is (was?) a brilliant idea, no need to change the default Home Tab. Too bad it "has not passed technical feasibility"
Hopefully Fractal will come with a solution for us poor sighted dinosaurs!

Adding the Perform-Txt Tab is (was?) a brilliant idea, no need to change the default Home Tab. Too bad it "has not passed technical feasibility"
Pressing Home twice takes you back to the first tab so this is actually a bit annoying that it's not the default Home view.

To me it should be a Setup setting or even better the Home view could have a "More" menu in place of the Tuner (why is that even there when it has a dedicated button?) where you could have a Zoom button to toggle between current and this new view quickly as needed.

In any case this looks like a welcome improvement.

I hope there was an implied ‘yet’. It can be read either way, and I picked the more optimistic interpretation. I’d be devastated if we got this close and the idea had already been nixed.

This request is acknowledged. I did some work on it but other things came up. No need for +1s anymore.
The following has not passed technical feasibility but here is the design we looked at.
Admin M@ Dude. I can't thank you enough for letting us know you are working on this. It is such a major issue for me, and your attention to it means so much. Thank you.
If you are looking for comments as far as the implementation goes, if there are to be more than one view option, I would also prefer this be a choice in settings rather than a tab. I would also say that once on a preset, the names of the scenes become more important (and maybe larger?) than the preset name itself.
Frankly, I'm wondering why anyone would even want the small list view with all the empty space after this improvement. Is there a reason I am missing? Why not just replace the former view altogether, who wants their scenes harder to see?
But those are very, very minor suggestions compared to the enormity of the improvement here. I would be very happy with this change as is.
Your work is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch for considering this. Seems like it would add more to an already stellar product line. Here’s hoping you guys can pull this or something similar out of the developer’s hats! Cheers!

Hopefully these improvements would be available for the FM9 too!

Longer scene names won't fit in the large view.
Maybe see this more in the spirit of the Mini-Display for the footswitches, where the 10 character limit is set because of the display space.

I think most people here could live a character limit, but having an option to use the „Zoom“-View :)

Back
Top Bottom