[Implemented] List Display Zoom

It could be awesome to split the screen in two independent areas.

Taking the sketch from @lyricbread, imagine that the 4 "squares" CLEAN, CRUNCH, CHUG, LEAD are the "independent left area", and SHIMMER, EOB, SHRED, FACE MELT are the "independent right area".

Imagine now that we could decide what to show in every independent area.

It would be possible to have scene 1 to 4 on the left area (toogling with scene 5 to 8) and Drive1, Drive2, Delay1, Reverb1 in the right area, showing bypass enabled/disabled for each effect.

Or bypass status in the left area and channel status in the right.

2 independent areas would offer a lot of options.

The configuration of what is showed in every area could be saved as a layout, as @hippietim proposed.

1618336783283.png

Taking the sketch from @lyricbread, imagine that the 4 "squares" CLEAN, CRUNCH, CHUG, LEAD are the "independent left area", and SHIMMER, EOB, SHRED, FACE MELT are the "independent right area".

It would be possible to have scene 1 to 4 on the left area (toogling with scene 5 to 8) and Drive1, Drive2, Delay1, Reverb1 in the right area, showing bypass enabled/disabled for each effect.

The configuration of what is showed in every area could be saved as a layout, as @hippietim proposed.

View attachment 81677

I like this idea. Configurable Home view could add a lot of value. Personally I rarely use all 8 scenes so I could use something like a meters view on the right side.

I'd also really like to swap what the knob switches do because I would value being able to go to Amp or Cab block from there rather than having to go through Layout view or spam the Edit button.

+1
The current Home Screen really needs an overhaul. The important stuff is too small when standing over the unit unless you have hawk eyes. I like the 8 scene mock up, but think the preset name should also be bigger.

+1
Bigger preset name + tuner arrows would be perfect.

I really hope UI improvements become a priority after 4.0 Cygnus hits final release. The relatively big color screen could definitely be better utilized for things like an improved Home screen.

I really hope UI improvements become a priority after 4.0 Cygnus hits final release. The relatively big color screen could definitely be better utilized for things like an improved Home screen.

I did a wish recently asking for 2 wishes (once Cygnus is stable for AXE and FM3, and factory presets are ready):

Wish 1- Advanced home page in the FM3 (the wish of this thread)
Wish 2- Advanced browser in the editor (tags, advanced search, colors, preset lists, ....) for cabs, presets, amps, etc.

The thread requesting browser improvements:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-presets-irs-and-blocks-and-set-lists.162038/

It would be amazing these 2 improvements after Cygnus implementation.

I remember that we went through the same thing with the AX8 display....

Those mockups are genius. Me want!
ME WANT COOKIE... or new home screen.
giphy.gif

+1
Same wish here. The scene list font is way too small to read from six feet up. They have plenty of room to enlarge the font on that page.

View attachment 81677
This, exactly!

+1 on the OP idea!
My first impression of FM3, when I turned it on, was that I was welcomed by this tiny font list display for Scenes. I was clicking around to find some kind of gig view screen thinking I was in edit mode and that there was an actual performance screen which could be seen by me standing up.

+1 on the OP idea!
My first impression of FM3, when I turned it on, was that I was welcomed by this tiny font list display for Scenes. I was clicking around to find some kind of gig view screen thinking I was in edit mode and that there was an actual performance screen which could be seen by me standing up.
I'm betting a lot of people find themselves looking for "gig view" when they first turn it on. The current Home is ok I guess if sitting on the desk, but when standing over it on the floor it's really hard to see.

Ok I admit Im damn blind playing live so I really like the idea of having a bigger home screen to at least tell me what patch Im on, but the other ideas are great too. It such an amazing machine and Fractal are such a great company. Im hopeful they will hear us on this.

Ok I admit Im damn blind playing live so I really like the idea of having a bigger home screen to at least tell me what patch Im on, but the other ideas are great too. It such an amazing machine and Fractal are such a great company. Im hopeful they will hear us on this.
They hear us, they've just been busy working on many other things. Now that Cygnus on AF3, then FM3, then the preset updates on both are over, they'll roll changes from the FM3 port back to AF3 and then I expect they'll roll back to working on the interface and documentation and take some well deserved deep-breaths.

Back
Top Bottom