Lisa Hannigan?

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
I love when I stumble across something that is cool or inspiring. This is both!

Never heard of Lisa Hannigan before, but the guy who does the video is cool. I've watched a few of his videos and enjoy them.

This is more about the beauty of music than guitar although there's guitar content, too.

Might not be your cup of tea if you're genre-bound but I think any true fan of music will really dig this.

I personally will be searching for more music from Lisa in the near future!

Enjoy!

I know her from the one big hit she had a few years ago: Knots. Caught it when she did a Tiny Desk show.

Guy doing the video, GuitarGate, is kind of a character though. He does this "Guitar teacher listens to X for the first time" videos and plays along. He did one for Phish that made the rounds and it was quickly noted that it was not the first time he'd listened to Phish because he had a video up that was a few years old where he jammed over Roggae. So, grain of salt with this guy; he's putting it on for the clicks.

He got a DMCA notice from Phish because he pulled up one of their live streams and played along to the live stream, essentially re-broadcasting a paid stream. And it had a "donate to me button" on his re-stream -- so now it's profiting off a re-broadcast. When he got DMCA'ed he threw a fit and posted a video about how it was educational, fair use, and Phish were total dicks for doing what they did. After that I haven't paid him any attention. Best way to deal with a petulant child IMHO.

But yea, Lisa Hannigan is interesting. I dig her approach to folk music.

Back
Top Bottom