LiquidFoot

Echophilia

Inspired
Anyone having any luck reaching this company for new product purchases-Sent a bunch of emails-no return?
Are they still in Business?

I gave up and bought an RJM. Their stuff looks cool so it is a shame.

Yeah I like the Liquidfoot Jr for the size and flexability for my needs and price point.

Emailed RJM yesterday they have a new product coming next month with 10 button and individual LEDs-I guess a GT-jr type product-she quoted me an into price of $1199.00.

Pretty obvious that Jeff is more into developing and tinkering with it than selling the bloody things. I had the money for most last year and couple of months for this year, I've been on the list all that time. But he has had some problems with suppliers and i found out he'd lost my order. Guys on the list since januari received theirs while i'd been on the list since september! Now I've had some repairs and other priorities, so I'm back to saving up for... Well... Something to control my axe.

The 12+would be awesome for me.

OTOH he has been semi in business since a while now. But I'm mostly worried about support. What if he goes AWOL again and my thousand euro foot controller breaks down? He has several specific parts in there you can't get anywhere else. The LEDs and the buttons are special manufacture items. And there area lot of those in the thing. Every one multiplies the chance one of them fails.

I got tired of waiting for a response from Liquid Foot. I purchased a MMGT awesome product and support , my MFC is now my back-up.

OTOH he has been semi in business since a while now. But I'm mostly worried about support. What if he goes AWOL again and my thousand euro foot controller breaks down? He has several specific parts in there you can't get anywhere else. The LEDs and the buttons are special manufacture items. And there area lot of those in the thing. Every one multiplies the chance one of them fails.

If it fits your needs, I have to recommend Gordius, especially for us EU people.
Xavier has been super responsive since day 1, when I got to know him (by email, that is) as I ordered an UnO chip, and another one a few months later.
As with Liquid Foot, it's not Xavier's full time profession either, but he deals with it like it was.
I bought my LG2 in december 2009 and over the last months the display became faulty. When I finally had spare time to send it to Xavier, I emailed him on a sunday...
- reply within an hour or less
- he swapped the display and sent the parcel back the same day he got it
- only costs were the display itself and shipping costs, no cost for working time

-> really nice to know that if there is a problem, it's being handled quick and professional :)

If it fits your needs, I have to recommend Gordius, especially for us EU people.
Xavier has been super responsive since day 1, when I got to know him (by email, that is) as I ordered an UnO chip, and another one a few months later.
As with Liquid Foot, it's not Xavier's full time profession either, but he deals with it like it was.
I bought my LG2 in december 2009 and over the last months the display became faulty. When I finally had spare time to send it to Xavier, I emailed him on a sunday...
- reply within an hour or less
- he swapped the display and sent the parcel back the same day he got it
- only costs were the display itself and shipping costs, no cost for working time

-> really nice to know that if there is a problem, it's being handled quick and professional :)
i know. Xavier is top notch. But I don't like the form factor. Even if it is more convenient. I hear he's working on something more conventionally shaped.

Update:
I received a email (finally) that my name is on the "waiting List".

From Liquidfoot Forum
Dear Friends,

We first wanted to thank everyone who has waiting with patience. Most of you know we lost our metal factory due to a horrible fire which took out the entire facility and all our stock. While we had assurances of certain time frames with our new facility, those times had come and gone.

After a site visit with our current facility, we believe our production is finally coming along. Here is current schedule.

Liquid Foot Controllers:
JR+: We are releasing 260 JR+ units in July/Aug for sure. we should have another 300-400 by Sept/Oct.
12+: We have 100 coming in July/Aug. we should have 200-400 by Sept/Aug.
Pro+: We have 200 coming in Aug. Another 325 in Sept.

I just looked on the web site and on the purchase page they all appear listed as available apart from the LF+ Pro + which is the 24 switch variant which has a wait list.

When I got the 12+ there was also a wait list for that so it looks like the supplies are speeding up.

The lack of communication and ignoring his customers is a real shame on Jeff. I was on the waitlist for 12+ since beggining,
They also deleted my comments on Famc board, when i said they have communication problems.
I lost all respect for this guy.
I'm with Homer Simpson this time : If its hard to do - its not worth it.

I had hot or miss communication when I got my 2nd hand LFJR. It would not work with my ii. They were 50% helpful. I also really wish the would update the manual. I also could not use my ii as a midi interface to update it's fw

After using the MFC for a number of gigs I have found myself using only a few patches with multiple scenes. I hardly ever steep on an individual ia switch at a gig (tremolo/boost/mutron) -- that is it. I can go through a 50 song set list primarily just using scenes.

So a 3 pound Jr would work just fine for me.

The Editor would be a big plus.

I put in a buy request months ago for a jr and never heard back from him.

would not mind owning one.

I've twice put aside some money for a Liquid Foot controller, and both times the delays in communications etc. have meant that I ended up spending the $1000 odd dollars elsewhere.

Not sure if there will be a third time. Pity, because as others have said, they look like fantastic products. It may be time he looked at a marketing/sales person full time.

Yeah I like the footprint and functions available on the Jr+ and LED's(not sure if I need them-but sure do look cool). I don't need 27 buttons on a foot controller to confuse me. Six strings & 22 frets is enough to keep me focused.
Agreed some Good Sales Relations with that company is surely needed-It looks like a great product with little competition in the price range.

Back
Top Bottom