Liquidfoot pro and jr firmware update. 2.16 for Axe-fx II

javajunkie

Looks like 2.16 is up. Axe-fx II support is there. Tuner, Autoload, and direct mode all seems to work great for me.
Actually with the Axefx II the direct mode is actually usable now. No delay changing presets.

I have never changed the firmware on my LF Pro since receiving it from Jeff. Perhaps I should consider this.

Java, I'm playing a number of sessions at a conference next week. I can either spend time programming my LF Pro, or upgrade and use Direct Mode. Keeping in mind the normal disclaimer about making changes before important gigs, do you feel it's solid enough to consider the upgrade / Direct Mode scenario?

Terry.

Java, I havent been successfull with the sync. LF says "not found" when trying to autoload, and and error message when setting to direct control. In the description from LF it says set device name to "AXE-FX2", but also says set to "FRACTAL" later on. This is part of the confusion. I have firmware 2.16 on LF, and 1.05 on AxeII. Have any advice? .... Midi is connected properly because it still changes presets on the Axe. Midi receive channel is 1, and sysexID is 116.

Java, I havent been successfull with the sync. LF says "not found" when trying to autoload, and and error message when setting to direct control. In the description from LF it says set device name to "AXE-FX2", but also says set to "FRACTAL" later on. This is part of the confusion. I have firmware 2.16 on LF, and 1.05 on AxeII. Have any advice? .... Midi is connected properly because it still changes presets on the Axe. Midi receive channel is 1, and sysexID is 116.

Check the manual for a list of things, but at the very least you need to change your sysex to 127 in order to sync.

Is there anyone else not able to sync with the AXE2 with firmware 2.16 on the LFpro yet? I got a response from Jeff at the LF forum (I did change sysex to 127 on the LF) but it still hasnt worked for me.

Having the exact same issue. Tried sysex ID at 116 and 127 and still can't get it to Autoload. It changes patches, operates the IAs properly, Tap Tempo works. The Tuner is acting wonky - it switches to the Axe Fx tuner but the display on the LF Pro is weird (note keeps rapidly switching and arrows jump all over the place)

I'm a little lost when it comes to putting in AXE-FX2 as a device personality. I am replacing my Ultra so do I just change "AXE-FX" to "AXE-FX2" in MIDI Device 1 name? I tried that and it's still giving me the error when I try to Autoload or go to Direct Control. I'm obviously missing something but I can't figure out what it is.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi wannabe, I havent updated this post yet but I have gotten it working properly since thankfully. Midi should be at 127, and you are correct about the name should be "AXE-FX2". My problem I had was the way I had the "MIDI IN" switch on the back of the LFpro set up. I am now using a single 7pin midi cable for phantom power, and the "Midi In" switch should be flipped to the right (on- when looking from the back). Previously I had been using 2 five pin cables for midi in/out and so I never flipped that switch. As soon as I did it worked the first try. Dumb mistake on my part really. And thanks to Jeff and anyone else who may have helped me out on this.

Back
Top Bottom