Liquid foot Pro to UK

SparkyG

Experienced
Any one out there imported a Liquid foot Pro into the UK? if so how did it go and what import tax did you get charged? ( I can't find a tarif level online for this type of equipment) .

Also what was the shipping cost?

I am thinking the import tax will be about 5%.

so I would end up paying:

$899+ shipping + 5% import tax + 15 % VAT = a lot

Was waiting for the MFC 101 but now I see the info on it, the switches are too close together for me. So rather sadly (for my wallet) the LFP is the way

thanks

Sparky

Go to -dutycalculator.com also bundlebox (this is their direct import service) you input what you are buying,price.and shiping then it gives you the exact cost and you can pay the full amount inc.duty through bundlebox who deliver it to you :D alternatively P2go.com rent you an address in Miami that deliver what you buy to you duty will then be sent to you by customs.
the import duty is about 22% gross. I paid £136 on my axe' standard which was ok. You can get the GC-pro for £300ish in uk.
good luck :D

Angello

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

I already have the GC-Pro and was looking to upgrade, the tuner on the floor is a main thing for me, then I can dispense with my Korg Rack tuner. The tuner on the Axe screen is not really any good for live use IMHO - especially where I normally put my rack..
Chances are though until someone stars importing the Liquid foot I'll stay with the GCP. Or keep my eye out for a used one in UK, but that won;t happen any time soon.

cheers
\

Hi there,

I too am in the UK and seriously looking at a Liquid Foot Pro, I usually factor 25% ontop of an order when importing from the States. It's usually between 5-8% import duty + 15% VAT which is payable on the combined cost of bith the product and shipping then you usually get hit with a clearing charge by the postal company as well for all the hard work that the postman has to do to get the item through customs (said in a mostly sarcastic voice). 25% usually covers me and is on the generous side so I don't get stung.

My problem is that I have emailed Liquid Foot on a number of occasions over the last 4 weeks asking exactly how I go about ordering the Liquid Foot Pro and what the shipping costs to the UK would likley be and I have had no reply as of today. I understand that there is almost certainly going to be a delay once the order is placed but I would really appriciate an answer of some sort.

I would be interested to know how you get on.

Spence

xpenno said:
Hi there,

I too am in the UK and seriously looking at a Liquid Foot Pro, I usually factor 25% ontop of an order when importing from the States. It's usually between 5-8% import duty + 15% VAT which is payable on the combined cost of bith the product and shipping then you usually get hit with a clearing charge by the postal company as well for all the hard work that the postman has to do to get the item through customs (said in a mostly sarcastic voice). 25% usually covers me and is on the generous side so I don't get stung.

My problem is that I have emailed Liquid Foot on a number of occasions over the last 4 weeks asking exactly how I go about ordering the Liquid Foot Pro and what the shipping costs to the UK would likley be and I have had no reply as of today. I understand that there is almost certainly going to be a delay once the order is placed but I would really appriciate an answer of some sort.

Spence

Where did you send the email?

javajunkie said:
xpenno said:
Hi there,

Spence

Hi Java,

I tried jminushk@yahoo.com and then liquid.orders@verizon.net after a week or so when i didn't get a response. I initially tried PM'ing Jeff on the Liquid Foot forum but it's still in my outbox so I decided to email. I don't want to hound Jeff but it would be nice to get some kind of acknowledgment as I would really like to get an order in :)

any advice?

Cheers

Spence

I'm hoping to receive my Axe-Fx Ultra tomorrow and i'm also in the UK and looking at the Liquid Foot Jr to control it. Its really crap how we can't get certain things over here they can over in the US...really boils my blood at times. I've had to order quite a few things from over there..Rocktron Banshee, X2 Wireless for example.

I was looking into getting the GCP, but the LFJ...although not as many I/A buttons is much more compact and therefore easier to travel to and from gigs etc which is really appealing to me (i also like the little case it comes with to protect it).

There is a guy from the UK on youtube with one, i've emailed him to ask about where and how he got his but no reply yet. Any word once you get it would be appreciated :)

xpenno said:
javajunkie said:
xpenno said:
Hi there,

Spence

Hi Java,

I tried jminushk@yahoo.com and then liquid.orders@verizon.net after a week or so when i didn't get a response. I initially tried PM'ing Jeff on the Liquid Foot forum but it's still in my outbox so I decided to email. I don't want to hound Jeff but it would be nice to get some kind of acknowledgment as I would really like to get an order in :)

any advice?

Cheers

Spence

Hi Spence
I´m in a situation similar to yours, I was on the waiting list for a LF Pro when he started making them, but beyond the "you are on the list mail" I´ve never heard back from him. I´ve mailed Jeff several times and I´ve PM'ed him here too with no luck. I have a working midi pedal, but would like to upgrade. Must admit that as much as I like the feature set on the LF Pro I´m considering looking at other builders offerings since Jeff is so unresponsive.

xpenno said:

I hear you.I'm exactly in the same situation.
The guy has an awesome product but is terrible to deal with.He has a weird way of running his business.
That's not the first time I read complaints about his lack of communication.

Ok so I'm glad I'm not the only one finding this, on the other hand (now that we have de-railed the initial thread) I don't want to say any bad words about Jeff because there are other problems that could have caused him to not pick up these emails. I also know that existing LF owners have no problems contacting Jeff so it's a bit of a strange one. I just hope that someone who does have the ability to contact Jeff could at least mention this to him so that he can set the record straight. It's a shame that there is a problem with email communications (for whatever reason) but good products are worth waiting for and I am prepared to wait a little longer for a LFPro :)

If anyone from the UK does hear back then do let us know? Also if you have any idea of the shipping rate to the UK then I would be glad to know this also?

Cheers

Spence

Interesting comments - Looks like a bit of a nightmare.

Why don't companies like this set up one European distributor, like Cliff has with G66. I't can't be that difficult and it doesn't half help expand your market at little cost. since the disti would probably do all the marcomms etc.

I think I'll wait a while - till he gets his business model sorted out. I don't see why we should have to jump through a load of hoops to buy a product, that's the manufacturers job to make them accessible in the market. but maybe nothing exists outside NA. Or maybe he has enough of a market in the US and is happy with that.

Let me know how you get on.

Hey guys- Java pointed me to this thread. I have another 100 LF pro's coming in the next two weeks--- Sure you can get one of those units!

No clue why you haven't gotten an answer other then spam-- seems international emails are having loads of issues with yahoo.

I am switching to Gmail so I am sure most of this will go away... everyone who owns one should be mostly happy- but of course I have their email address and it is working by the time you own one.

Sorry guys... switching over perhaps will solve most if not all the issues. I will check every message in SPAM filter for next three days--- go ahead and re-email. I will find it and respond back as soon as it hits.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I sent you a copy of the message from 2 email accounts, hopefully we can sort this order out :)

Cheers

Spence

For all those interested I just emailed Jeff from my work email and it got straight through to him and he got back right away. I am going to be ordering a pro shortly :)

For anyone using Yahoo I would suggest getting a gmail or similar account to speak with Jeff as there are some serious problems getting through to him on yahoo.

Spence

??? My last information was that Jeff woudn't sell his products outside the USA because of customer care issues. When I remember correctly this was mentioned on his website. And now everything has changed? That's good news. Would it be also possible to ship to germany? ;-)

Thanks,
Michael

Michael said:
??? My last information was that Jeff woudn't sell his products outside the USA because of customer care issues. When I remember correctly this was mentioned on his website. And now everything has changed? That's good news. Would it be also possible to ship to germany? ;-)

Thanks,
Michael

Hi Michael,

If you check back on the Liquid foot forums you will see that they are shipping internationally. I presume that there are no problems shipping to Germany :)

Spence

Excellent. do you know if it will come with a UK PSU, the website (last time I looked) said it didn't.

Getting 9V AC PSU's is not easy over here, you can buy the line 6 one but I'm sure i read that didn't work. Had a similar problem with some damage control pedals a few years bak.

thanks

Hi,

I looked at the LFP some months ago - again im in the UK.

I did get lots of info back when I EMailed. The main problem was there were no UK (or EU) models available - ie only US power supplies. I was told that in the future there was a hope for UK and EU models and I would be contacted if/when this happened. As of now I presume there still not available. I havent seen any, and have had no further info ref UK models.

TBH - I wanted the tuner at my feet so was after either the LFP or MC. Also having the controler auto name the patches was a plus too. However I gave up waiting and got hold of a Rocktron All Access (had a midimate but wanted more IAs) and ive been more than happy with it. I have a Stroborack so dont actually miss the tuner not being at my feet - though having one would free up 1u in my rack (and some cash too), and the patch naming issue isnt great. Doesnt take long to do it on the controler really.

So I dont feel the need to get the FADS controler or the LFP any more.

FWIW I got my All Access on Ebay - as new for £300. Bargin !!!

paulmapp8306 said:

Lucky you! All I can find on ebay (uk/de) are offers for £600/€660 or more ... and they are all from the USA. Regarding this, going LFP seems to be the better way. Or waiting for the MFC ... :(

Michael said:
paulmapp8306 said:

Lucky you! All I can find on ebay (uk/de) are offers for £600/€660 or more ... and they are all from the USA. Regarding this, going LFP seems to be the better way. Or waiting for the MFC ... :(

I have an All Access LTD (the black one, with a spring loaded expression pedal) that will be for sale in the UK when I get my LFpro. I'm sure we could work on a deal ;)

Spence

Back
Top Bottom