Liquid foot pro resend question

InsideOut

Power User
Is there a way to make the LFP default to resend = yes? I changed the global setting to re-trigger preset = yes, but I still have to go into each preset and set it to resend. And then if I make any changes to the patch and re-auto load it, I have to change it again because it defaults back to don't resend. I hope I'm just missing something?

I have the same problem. I'm afraid there's no solution at the moment for this.
Maybe next firmware?

I just posted that as a wish on the LF forum. It's really about the only feature I would want that it doesn't already have. The thing is a monster :cool:

Why would you have to reautoload it if you make changes on the axe-fx?

BTW, I agree. I would love it as a global option.

javajunkie said:

Hey Sean,

I'm constantly adding and taking away fx (can never make up my mind what I want) so I have to reload in order to get my IA's to line up. Reloading seems like the easiest way unless you know of something better?

InsideOut said:
javajunkie said:

Hey Sean,

I'm constantly adding and taking away fx (can never make up my mind what I want) so I have to reload in order to get my IA's to line up. Reloading seems like the easiest way unless you know of something better?

You can set them in seconds w/ the liquid foot. You set them in the editing portion of editing a preset on the liquid foot. You don't even need to worry about lining things up on your axe-fx. Just set them the way you want on the liquid foot. When you switch to the patch it will always take the state of the liquid foot anyway.

javajunkie said:
InsideOut said:
javajunkie said:

Hey Sean,

You can set them in seconds w/ the liquid foot. You set them in the editing portion of editing a preset on the liquid foot. You don't even need to worry about lining things up on your axe-fx. Just set them the way you want on the liquid foot. When you switch to the patch it will always take the state of the liquid foot anyway.

I'd like to have some more insight on that topic. What are the opinions of Axe users with regards to auto-synchronizing footcontroller and Axe-FX?
I have read several comments stating that this kind of synchronization is a must-have, showstopper if it's not available. Then I've seen several comments stating that in practice this isn't interesting because it's too slow. Here I read that it's not necessary since changes can easily be done on the footcontroller.

I'm about to look into this kind of functionality, that's why I'd like to know up front how useful this synchronization between both actually is, and what the real life arguments are against what I believe is the most interesting approach, namely what Javajunkie specifies here : let the footcontroller be in control of effect activation, then you are always in sync, even without needing 2-way communication.

ossandust said:
I'd like to have some more insight on that topic. What are the opinions of Axe users with regards to auto-synchronizing footcontroller and Axe-FX?
I have read several comments stating that this kind of synchronization is a must-have, showstopper if it's not available. Then I've seen several comments stating that in practice this isn't interesting because it's too slow. Here I read that it's not necessary since changes can easily be done on the footcontroller.

I'm about to look into this kind of functionality, that's why I'd like to know up front how useful this synchronization between both actually is, and what the real life arguments are against what I believe is the most interesting approach, namely what Javajunkie specifies here : let the footcontroller be in control of effect activation, then you are always in sync, even without needing 2-way communication.

For me it has 2 important advantages (keep in mind I normally don't use the editor):

1. Preset Naming, which would take a lot of effort
2. Even if you plan to let the LF control the FX state (which I would recommend) you would have to manually set the state of each IA (red/green/off). which is in my case is 20 IA's (using 4 on the second page) for each preset.

Yep, I agree voes. The auto load feature is probably one of the most important for me. I can see where Java is coming from that once a patch has been auto-loaded, it's pretty easy if you make a minor adjustment to the patch (ie add an effect) to just change the IA state on the LF. But initially with a new patch, that would be much more work than just hitting auto-load. I found programing patches on the FCB very tedious and time consuming and now with the LFP, after creating a killer new patch on the axe, I hit a couple buttons on the LFP and the name and all IA states are magically there - zero hassle :cool:.

Sean and others, I've always thought that the least patch change latency would be obtained by having IA states and fx on/off status on the axe in sync. You don't notice any lag when the LF has to tell the axe to turn something on that's saved as off or vice versa?

InsideOut said:
Sean and others, I've always thought that the least patch change latency would be obtained by having IA states and fx on/off status on the axe in sync. You don't notice any lag when the LF has to tell the axe to turn something on that's saved as off or vice versa?

I can't answer on that question, but I've noticed that using SYSEX-commands slows down the program change. just FYI

voes said:
InsideOut said:

I can't answer on that question, but I've noticed that using SYSEX-commands slows down the program change. just FYI

I haven't noticed any latency. I does the patch change then sends the other commands. The drive block is really the only place where you can notice a difference. I some circumstance you can get a brief burst from the drive before it switches off in the next patch.

voes said:
ossandust said:

For me it has 2 important advantages (keep in mind I normally don't use the editor):

1. Preset Naming, which would take a lot of effort
2. Even if you plan to let the LF control the FX state (which I would recommend) you would have to manually set the state of each IA (red/green/off). which is in my case is 20 IA's (using 4 on the second page) for each preset.

I agree the autoload is great for loading the initial states. It saves a lot of work. After that I adjust w/ the foot controller.

couple thoughts:

You don't need to autoload- go into preset edit. Assign a PC to the midi chan with AXE-FX as device name. From that point on- if you go to the Preset NAME- and press P6-- it will automatically grab the latest name in the AXE. And it will grab the IA states (if changed). I believe that is still in the latest firmware... Unless I removed it with the remote mode?! will check.

Java asked for multi-effect sync'ing a long time ago... will look into how best we can do that.

U2JustMe said:
couple thoughts:

You don't need to autoload- go into preset edit. Assign a PC to the midi chan with AXE-FX as device name. From that point on- if you go to the Preset NAME- and press P6-- it will automatically grab the latest name in the AXE. And it will grab the IA states (if changed). I believe that is still in the latest firmware... Unless I removed it with the remote mode?! will check.

Java asked for multi-effect sync'ing a long time ago... will look into how best we can do that.

Cool feature, didn't know that one! Thanks Jeff

voes said:
U2JustMe said:
couple thoughts:

Cool feature, didn't know that one! Thanks Jeff

Me either.

U2JustMe said:
couple thoughts:

Just tried it at home. Doesn't work :(
Looks like you removed it with the remote mode.
Would be nice to have this feature back (and while we are asking, also the global resend IA cmds and led state when using the IA-link) :cool:

Thanks Jeff!!

Liquid Foot Jr. Firmware update went up today...

Liquid-Foot Pro firmware will update this week. Here are changes in Jr. (Pro will be similar)... Voes-- take a read:

v1.70 Liquid-Foot JR.

1. Step commands now work in SONG mode
2. Song mode now supports 3B mode
3. IA linking now changes the state of the IA switch LED
4. GLOBAL MENU: Presets can be "forced" globally to resend IA commands (override the individual preset setting for resend IA commands) - this will require V1.05 of the editor to set this command.

U2JustMe said:
Liquid Foot Jr. Firmware update went up today...

Liquid-Foot Pro firmware will update this week. Here are changes in Jr. (Pro will be similar)... Voes-- take a read:

v1.70 Liquid-Foot JR.

1. Step commands now work in SONG mode
2. Song mode now supports 3B mode
3. IA linking now changes the state of the IA switch LED
4. GLOBAL MENU: Presets can be "forced" globally to resend IA commands (override the individual preset setting for resend IA commands) - this will require V1.05 of the editor to set this command.

Your the man Jeff! Thanks :cool:

Liquid-Foot PRO firmware is on web-site as well. v1.99

Use the new Editor (also on the web-site for download v1.05) to set the global parameter for FORCE IA RESEND on all presets. You will not have global menu for this function in v1.99 firmware. Next firmware will. Just use the editor for now to set this function (on/off). It defaults OFF.

Back
Top Bottom