Liquid Foot Pro / Expression Pedal issue with AxeFX

xpenno

Power User
Hi there,

I have just setup my LFPro with my AxeFX and everything is looking good apart from one thing. When I hook up my Mission Expression Pedal to the LF and run through the calibration everything looks good. I then noticed that the AxeFx was sluggish when using the front controls and that the midi-in light was on pretty much solidly, if I unplug the Expression Pedal then the midi-in light goes out and the Axe goes back to normal.

For info the pedal is connected to the LF on Exp1 and this is setup to use CC#8 which is the assigned in the Axe to External Controller 8 which in turn is set to control the freq of the Wah. By the way, the Wah effect is working as expected and sounds great.

I hope that someone will be able to help with this, in the meantime I'm going to head back up to continue messing.

Thanks

Spence

Haven't come across this before. What type of cable are you using to connect the Mission to the LF? Make sure you are using TRS - TRS for both pedal and switch? Does it make a difference if only the pedal out is plugged in? Make sure you have the pedal setup correctly on the LF. The pedal out should be setup for continuous and the switch out should be setup for latch. Remember that if the pedal is plugged into the LF you should calibrate the LF for the pedal, not the Axe. The axe will just receive CC's from the LF. The Axe's pedal calibration is for when pedals are plugged into it's own pedal inputs. James.

Thanks for the reply James, your pedals sound awesome with Wah (only tried this so far) 1000x better than my All Access/Hex setup. All I can say is WOW!

I think I just figured it! I had 2 pedals plugged in earlier, I then removed one of them but didn't deactivate it in the LF settings, just deactivated it and everything looks like it's work as expected :) Could this have caused such behaviour? Is there a way to stop this?

It's possible. Normally the LF is very good at identifying if hardware is actually present or not and behaving appropriately. I haven't seen this before on the LF, although I have not run through this exact scenario. I've seen similar things with other controllers though when pedals are enabled in software but not present in hardware. Let me know if you need me to do more checking. James.

Hi James,

I have carried out further testing and here is what I have found, any ideas would be greatly appriciated.

All tests carried out with 2 different expression pedals and 2 different leads.

Expression Pedal plugged into EX1 on LFPro, Calibrate, return to preset mode, AxeFx Midi-In light is on perminantly no matter what position the pedal is in or whether it is stationary or not.
Expression Pedal plugged into EX2 on LFPro, Calibrate, return to preset mode, AxeFx Midi-In light is on intermittantly no matter what position the pedal is in or whether it is stationary or not.
Expression Pedal plugged into EX3 on LFPro, Calibrate, return to preset mode, AxeFx Midi-In light is only on when pedal is moving.
Expression Pedal plugged into EX4 on LFPro, Calibrate, return to preset mode, AxeFx Midi-In light is only on when pedal is moving.
TapTempo Pedal plugged into EX1 or 2, behaves as per expected, Midi only on when tapping.

I'm not sure if I missed something obvious here, I have mailed Jeff directly as well so hopefully it will be resolved one way or the other. In fact I can run my setup quite happily by plugging the 2 exp pedals into ex3 & ex4, the switch from exp pedal 1 into ex2 and the taptempo into ex1. I would however like to know what's going on just incase I have miseed something or there is a fault.

Thanks

Spence

Maybe I am just stating the obvious, but you did make sure that the pedal inputs are programmed to be continuous control in the EP setup on the liquidfoot?

Are you using the editor or programming via the switches? If you are using editor, PM me or email with a screen shot of the global tab so I can see your setup. James

gittarzann said:
Maybe I am just stating the obvious, but you did make sure that the pedal inputs are programmed to be continuous control in the EP setup on the liquidfoot?

Yeah it would usually be something this obvious but not this time, I checked and when I had the Expression Pedal plugged in I set it to Continuous and I changed it when I switched to Tempo.

Thanks anyway :)

lebihanj said:
Are you using the editor or programming via the switches? If you are using editor, PM me or email with a screen shot of the global tab so I can see your setup. James

I have been using the switches, not got round to looking at the editor yet. I will try hooking that up in a bit. I presume it's pretty straight forward.

Thanks for your help so far.

Back
Top Bottom