Liquid Foot Midi Question for Powerful Wizards.

MKeditor

Experienced
I am having an audio interface made for my rack to simplify my set up and to keep from having to use a flashlight in the back of my rack every time I want to use the editor.

This is what I had in mind:

Front------------Rear
7 pin midi in------7 pin midi out
Midi in------------midi in
Midi out----------midi out
XLR L out----------1/4 Left
XLR R out----------1/4 Right
3.5MM input--------1/4 Left
--------------------1/4 Right

Then I realized that if I plugged my laptop into the front, the midi in is a problem. It would still have to be switched manually.

My question is....is there any advantage in having the LF and the AXE plugged in to midi at the same time....and.....if so, how should that be done?

Thanks guys.

You might consider having a usb thru and place your midi/usb device in the back of the rack. Then you use a midi merger to have both the axe and the LF connected. The Midisolutions midi merger is the device to do this. It has two midi ins and one out so your axe can have the midi info from the LF and when you want it, ie loading firmware, you don't have to get the flashlight out. This is how I am running mine and I just plug the usb on the front of my interface into the computer. I use a midi sport 2x2 so I can also perform backups...no flashlight as well!

Jon

Wouldn't using the merger be a problem running power to the LF? I don't think that they support 7-pin cables. I remember trying something like that in my old big rack. It killed the phantom power to my GCP.

Personally, I just do liquid foot operations separate from editing functions or just use the front of the axe-fx for editing (which I do 90% any way).

Back
Top Bottom