Liquid Foot Firmware and Editor 3.25

rodzimguitar68

Fractal Fanatic
Great new features added to the Page menu amongst other things.

There seems to be a feature enabling wireless transmission, of both MIDI, and possibly bluetooth communication for programming with the editor.

Details are sketchy at the moment. Not sure if additional peripheral devices would be necessary, or if the LF series contains what is needed already and this was a sleeper feature. (let's hope).

As usual, you can connect to your LF pedal with USB and open the editor - it will give you the option to upgrade firmware. You can download the latest editor directly from Liquid Foot.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World.

LF+ is the best midi controller you can have. And its getting better with this new firmware. It fits to Axe like hand and glove. What a great times.

I couldn't agree more, the LF+12+ just amazes me every time I fire it up and want to try a new idea,there is nothing this thing cant do....great guys over there too.

I would love to hear how you all have yours set up. Do you use scenes, looper, multiple pages, etc? I have a Jr+ and find the hardest part is figuring out where to start. Much steeper learning curve with fewer learning resources than the Axe IMO.

I would love to hear how you all have yours set up. Do you use scenes, looper, multiple pages, etc? I have a Jr+ and find the hardest part is figuring out where to start. Much steeper learning curve with fewer learning resources than the Axe IMO.

Depends on how you plan to use it. I play in a band and we have a set list. So I've programmed IA slots to control effect parameters of my gear, about 150 of them. Then I listen to a song and see how many sounds I need to get through that song. Lets say I want 4 sounds: verse, chorus, bridge, solo. I will create 4 liquid foot presets and name them to correspond to the song parts. The liquid foot presets change the axe fx scenes and turn the correct amp, cab and effects. Now I create a liquid foot SONG, and drop those 4 presets into the song. In my case, I program my program change commands at the song level and use the ARM SONG ONLY mode of songs.

Next I do that a dozen more times. Now I have programmed a dozen songs and they each have their own presets. Some songs need 1 preset. Other songs need more.

I create a liquid foot page that has the right amount of presets and a context up/down button, tap, and tuner. Since I have 150 ia's programmed but can only use 60 of them in a preset, I create ia maps for any specific needs I have for a song. I go into the presets and designate the liquid foot page and ia map I want recalled with that preset.

Lastly, I create a set list so the songs are in the right order.

I put the pedal into set list mode and song 1 appears. I can scroll through them as far as I want but my gear doesn't program change until I step on a preset in the song. If you want the songs to change immediately just change the song mode from Arm song only, to Trigger Immediately.

Last edited:
I think these wireless features would require some hardware addons installed. There were "battery pack" and "wireless module" words mentioned in release notes so i guess they are hardware addons.

I think these wireless features would require some hardware addons installed. There were "battery pack" and "wireless module" words mentioned in release notes so i guess they are hardware addons.

makes sense. I noticed the terms slid in there too in the release notes.

Rodz...
You said, "The liquid foot presets change the axe fx scenes and turn the correct amp, cab and effects. Now I create a liquid foot SONG, and drop those 4 presets into the song" Do you set up your scenes in the Axe w/ the different amps, cabs, etc. or is the liquid foot going to different presets...I know it seems like you're saying the first. If this is the case, how is this different from just switching scenes? I hope you realize I'm NOT trying to be an ass, but am trying to get my mind around scences and this awesome pedal. I'm using my lf jr+ / axe ii combo live like you and am trying to get as close to zero drop out as possible with sometimes a huge change in tone part way through songs.
Thanks!!!

I think I can answer this for Rod and he can clarify if I botch it. I've interacted with him before about his setup. His LF presets are just changing scenes. Notice he also stated, "In my case, I program my program change commands at the song level...". One limitation of scenes in the AxeFxII is that you can't really name them. What Rod is doing allows him to name the scene (e.g. Stranglehold Verse, Stranglehold Chorus, Stranglehold Lead, etc.) by naming the LF presets. He's using the best tools to accomplish the task at hand. Scenes rock because of the minimal dropout and seamless switching but it stinks to have to always call them Scene 1, Scene 2, etc. or remember what "Scene 1" is. Many have come up with their own conventions. Certainly there are a lot of folks who have MFC-101s who always know that "Scene 1 is my verse sound, Scene 2 is my chorus sound, Scene 3 is my lead sound, etc." You just need to find what works for you. The beauty (and beast) of the LF is that it can work just about any way you want. Sometimes (most of the time) my problem is not knowing what I really want. I'm trying to home in on my favorite way of working. It's not easy to decide.

I am looking into one of the LF pedals as well. My GCP has finally made the turn out the door functionality wise and LF seems like some great products for me.

Can someone explain song mode a bit for me more?

I'm very interested in song mode. RIght now I run my patches with my GCP, 1 patch per song. Sometimes within that patch I need 2 signal chains if there are 2 sounds (clean/dirty). Because of the cpu power of my Gen 1 Ultra, I find that splitting the signal into two chains is great, but also limits what I can do with 'additional' affects at times. If I'm understanding song mode correctly, I can have 8 'preset' buttons and 4 IA switches available at any time? If that is correct then, each song mode would have 8 patches saved to that 'song', and I would have access to the IA's as well?

It would be nice to have dedicated clean/dirty/lead type patches and make use of the Global amps again. My issues now with that are using the same amp in a single amp patch will have a different volume than using it in a dual amp patch. that means that each version of that amp (single/dual) has to have its own global block...which then limits my choices to 5 amps, not the 10.

I'm done rambling...can someone clarify if I have song mode correct?

Back
Top Bottom