Liquid Foot - FAMC Music Website Notice

This is proof that having the best product in the world isn't nearly enough. I think this applies universally - to musicians as well. Having the best product isn't even half the picture. There's marketing. Then even with both marketing and the best product if QUALITY CONTROL and CUSTOMER SERVICE suck you might as well close shop.

You can be the best musician in the world. That doesn't mean squat if no one knows who you are. (marketing).
And if marketing is working well it doesn't make any difference if you're an asshole, or make terrible albums, or can't perform well on stage or with other musicians.

Just trying to bring in on home. I think FAMC is a targic story.

Last edited:
Got responses to trouble tickets from FAMC today at 6:30pm Eastern.

Also, was notified when the tickets were closed, as solved, because new firmware and editor will be out "within 2 days".

We.shall.see.......

I got a ticket response too! :) Jeff also replied on the forum

IF YOU HAVE NO RESPONSE FROM TROUBLE TICKET
FAMC
May 21, 2020 3:50 pm
There are a handful of tickets that are probably still not linked properly. Several tickets have been responded to, with no customer return responses. If you are one of those people (we have gone dark on your tickets), please do the following to correct the problem:

1. Send an email to support@famcmusic.com

a. Subject of email (type exactly as shown between ""): "LOST TICKETS"

b. In the body of the email, place the email address that you have been using for your unanswered tickets (even if its the same address being used to send this email)

DO NOT ADD ANY OTHER INFORMATION to the email. An automated system looks at that email address and will run a process to link things together once and for all. Humans don't look at the emails coming in from support@famcmusic.com directly. Our back end system grabs those and should be connecting it to our view of the ticket system.

FAMC
May 21, 2020 5:04 Pm
SYSTEM NOTICE: WE HAVE FIXED OUR TICKET SYSTEM FOR SURE. EMAILS WE WERE SENDING WERE NOT GOING OUT OR ADDED TO THE CUSTOMER SIDE DISPLAY. YOU SHOULD SEE RESPONSES BELOW TO THIS EXISTING TICKET. PLEASE LOOK AT THE LAST FEW TICKET UPDATES JUST IN CASE OUR SYSTEM WASN'T SENDING YOUR PARTICULAR EMAILS PROPERLY. AGAIN, THIS HAS BEEN CORRECTED AND WE ARE BACK UP AND RUNNING FULLY.

FAMC
May 21, 2020 2:22 Pm
Lou,
They put security measures in place to block anyone from taking control of our servers again. That is 100% fixed and we are finally solid. They had loosened the damn spam thing to be careful not to block good customers. But its too loose. And they flooded the ticket system. It's almost solved (so they say).
I planned to answer you upon the firmware being released. But let me answer all of your open issues here so you are not waiting.
Firmware v6.31 will release by tomorrow.
Editor v6.31 will do the same.

Your questions specifically:
Exp Pedal program commands were fixed.
Exp Pedal resend parameter for presets was fixed.
the setlist cycle issue was fixed
Your question about AXE-FX III CHAN select automatically turning ON a bypassed effect. This is fairly simple-- On the Channel select IA-Slot, add a single programming command [AXE3 CHAN/STATE]. The [effect] parameter is whatever matches your chan select. the [CHANGE] parameter should be set to "ON STATE". See picture attached hereto. This will turn on the delay if it happens to be bypassed when you change the channel. Works as you would expect.
AXE-FX III force preset change issue: The AXE-FX III does not report preset changes in sysex. There is a way to cheat it I guess in the AXE-III by turning on the send PC command and setting it to its own midi channel. I will have to add that to firmware, however, it won't make v6.31. That had 30 major changes internally and the testing took a long while.

I will report back shortly. The web-site will go down I believe late tonight for a few hours while they do the updates. After it returns by morning all should be back to normal. It better be anyway.

Hello guys, did you see the new editor and firmware 6.31 from May 26?
I am not sure to try it as I am in very old version currently with my mini and it works as is with very old FW and functions. If anybody try it and find it (almost) bug free I am interested to know so I will then update mine.

https://www.famcmusic.com/forum/firmware-lf-series/v6-31-all-models-lf/

I am planning to use my mini with the upcoming FM3 (waiting for my invite)

Curious to see what you expert of LF+ devices think

I had issues with the new firmware and had to roll back to 6.22. Thankfully, a fellow forum member was able to supply the old firmware as I had deleted it. Gotmetalboy's section in the wiki has a folder with old firmware as well.

Hello guys, did you see the new editor and firmware 6.31 from May 26?
I am not sure to try it as I am in very old version currently with my mini and it works as is with very old FW and functions. If anybody try it and find it (almost) bug free I am interested to know so I will then update mine.

https://www.famcmusic.com/forum/firmware-lf-series/v6-31-all-models-lf/

I am planning to use my mini with the upcoming FM3 (waiting for my invite)

Curious to see what you expert of LF+ devices think

What are you controlling with your LF+ Mini+ ? I don't recommend upgrading your Mini+ if it's working.

The LF+ doesn't support real-time sync with the FM3 and probably never will get added but because you have the Mini+ which doesn't have LCD screens for each foot switch, you probably won't notice a difference and can control the FM3 through MIDI.

GotMetalBoy, did you get real-time sync working with the Axe-FX III?

I had it working but I some issue which I’ve forgotten what it was. I need to give it another try.

What are you controlling with your LF+ Mini+ ? I don't recommend upgrading your Mini+ if it's working.

The LF+ doesn't support real-time sync with the FM3 and probably never will get added but because you have the Mini+ which doesn't have LCD screens for each foot switch, you probably won't notice a difference and can control the FM3 through MIDI.
I use it just as basic midi controller sending for preset and scenes
I am not planning to sync with FM3
this is sad that such very capable controller have not got robust and updated FW they disserve but it is what it is and not every company can reach the top level Service that FAS provided us for years
luckilly I have sold my LF+ 12 2 years ago

I had issues with the new firmware and had to roll back to 6.22. Thankfully, a fellow forum member was able to supply the old firmware as I had deleted it. Gotmetalboy's section in the wiki has a folder with old firmware as well.
Thanks for the info on the wiki
it is nice to have the old FW still available

GotMetalBoy, did you get real-time sync working with the Axe-FX III?

I had it working but I some issue which I’ve forgotten what it was. I need to give it another try.

So far everything is working with my Axe-Fx III and LF+ firmware 6.32 and LF+ Editor 6.31 but I haven't loaded all my programming into it yet. I gave up on firmware 6.22 for a while and was using my RJM Mastermind GT 22 but I personally like my LF+ better.

So far everything is working with my Axe-Fx III and LF+ firmware 6.32 and LF+ Editor 6.31 but I haven't loaded all my programming into it yet. I gave up on firmware 6.22 for a while and was using my RJM Mastermind GT 22 but I personally like my LF+ better.
Thanks for the info and all your tutorial in the wiki
has been very helpful to make it works
I have been able to load FW 6.32 on my mini updating from 4.61 (did not used it since I moved from axe II to axe 8 2 years ago)
editor run on Catalina without issue
but did not tested with FM3 as my unit comes only this week
I have no idea If FM3 will behave like the FXIII midi wise but will try
if not as the mini do not have scribble strip I will use as simple PC CC midi controller not using sync

Back
Top Bottom