Liquid Foot - FAMC Music Website Notice

I'm really hoping it's real this time and the owner Jeff actually keeps his promises. I had contacted the owner's brother and son on social media recently and never received a response but a couple days later the website had the update msg, so maybe someone forwarded my msg to Jeff. I have a RJM MastermindGT 22 but still prefer my LF+ 12+ and PRO+

The page was just updated again haha. It originally said it would be up by 4/1 4pm, then 4/2 11am, then the site was down and now it just says 4/2 and the update for "open - Add new products to system" was changed to "removed by request – Add new products to system". Maybe Jeff is just late for April Fools?

Website error - 2020-04-02_152843_Th.png

I gave up on FAMC. But my LF+12+ is still sitting here unplugged in a corner. I love Jeff but damn I just can't put up with the inconsistencies.

I've been on the fence about picking up a III or waiting for my name to come up for the Fm3. Considering the III got me looking at other controllers (although I'm fairly certain I'll just get an FC at this point) and Liquid Foot is one of them.

Can anyone elaborate on the issues with FAMC? Way back before I bought my MFC-101 I only heard positive things about the Liquid Goot controllers. Definitely sounds like the company has some issues now.

Staying with the RJM. The Menellis are great to work with and always follow through. Almost glad I could never get an answer on ordering from FAMC.

I've been on the fence about picking up a III or waiting for my name to come up for the Fm3. Considering the III got me looking at other controllers (although I'm fairly certain I'll just get an FC at this point) and Liquid Foot is one of them.

Can anyone elaborate on the issues with FAMC? Way back before I bought my MFC-101 I only heard positive things about the Liquid Goot controllers. Definitely sounds like the company has some issues now.

The biggest issue with the LF+ is the manual is very outdated and includes no info about real-time syncing with an Axe-Fx or Kemper or how to use the Editor. Also, it's very hard to impossible to contact support or get bugs fixed. I don't have my list of bugs in front of me but most of them are for advanced options.

I wrote a tutorial on the FAS Wiki to try and help other users and share all the info I've learned: https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=FAMC_Liquid_Foot+

As a regular non-real-time syncing MFC (MIDI Foot Controller) it's not too difficult to program. If you want to real-time sync with the Axe-Fx II or III, my tutorial has easy steps to follow and it will real-time sync similar to the FAS MFC-101 or FC-6/12. My tutorial also explains how to install the LF+ Editor and drivers.

I haven't kept up on the FC-6/12 updates but last I checked it still didn't have a function for a menu to select Axe-Fx III channels A-D or have Set List/Songs like the MFC-101.

I also own a RJM Mastermind GT 22 but the only thing I like about it is that the screens and font are bigger. It doesn't have the deep editing or advanced features that the LF+ has.

If you can find a LF+ used it's a great MFC but if you have double the $$$ and want something more user friendly, will hold it's value and work with future devices, get a RJM Mastermind GT. If the FC-6/12 has the function to select Axe-Fx III channels A-D or has Set List/Songs, it's a decent price but won't hold any value because it's proprietary to the Axe-Fx III/FM3. My experience owning a FC-12 was that it takes as long to get features added than it does for the LF+, which is why I sold my 2 FC-12's for a RJM Mastermind GT 22. Also, as I stated above, I still prefer my LF+ 12+ and PRO+.

We should all post our LF+ features & bugs we want added & fixed and try not to submit duplicate tickets and overwhelm FAMC because we all know how stable and organized they are haha. Also, some issues may not be bugs and just user error because there's no manual for using with the Axe-Fx II or III. I know a lot of people have had issues installing and connecting to the LF+ Editor with Windows 7 and 10 but I've been able to resolve all of them for people that let me remote into their PC and fix it.

I don't have my list in front of me but just opening up the LF+ Editor v6.22 reminded me how it uses over 500MB of my PC's memory and is a huge resource hog with memory leaks.

Disclaimer:
# I am not or ever been an employee, affiliate or have any connection with FAMC
# I'm a FAMC customer that owns a LF+ PRO+, LF+ 12+, BE-2 and Phantom Power box
# I wrote the FAMC Liquid Foot+ Tutorial on the FAS Wiki to help LF+ owners program their LF+ for the Axe-Fx II and III
## https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=FAMC_Liquid_Foot+
# I usually help people for free if it takes less than an hour and they let me use Teamviewer to remote into their PC but accept donations
## When I do ask for a fee, it's usually how much the person makes per hour that I'm helping bc they most likely make more than I do haha

Last edited:
So the site is back up but I still can't open my previous tickets haha!

Here's the latest post from the owner:

April 2, 2020 1:19 pm
4/2/2020

System Activity:

-----------------

We have experienced corruption or deletion of some forum, order and support ticket (data) over the course of certain events. We believe we have almost all of them back now.

Log into the new ticket system to check that your ticket is visible to you. If we did our job, the system should look and behave just the same as before; however, if you can't login to the new system, then we had either corruption or a link issue and your account was removed. Create a new account with the same credentials (email,etc) as previously used. Let us know you had to create a new account by creating a support ticket. Our team can then go find old records and have them added back into our system if possible.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience some of you experiences over the past months.

Controller Product Related Update:

-----------------------------------

LF+ customers: Firmware updates will be made available on the download page of the website as normal. Please look closely at the version you download in the coming month(s). The download page will soon change and have two possible firmware options. We will place a note on the download page and will make sure the normal firmware platform is bold and larger to draw attention.

The LF+ platform firmware is the current firmware you have been using for years. This is typically the version of firmware you will want to continue to update and use. We will continue releasing new versions for feature and issue corrections.
For those using the LF+ as an expander for the X-Series controllers, you will install and update the LF+ X-Slave platform. This will convert your LF+ into an expander. Please note that your LF+ will not act as a stand-alone foot controller. This firmware is intended for X-Series integration only. We have removed X-Series integration from our normal firmware as of V6.29.
The LF+ Editor will NOT ask you if you are sure you want to change firmware platforms. You will lose your programming within the LF+ as you switch between the two platforms. Of course your editor backups will work as always.

X-Series customers: Continue to use the FTP access for downloading X-Series firmware updates the same as you have been. FTP was never impacted by our lockout so we will continue to place updates there until our forum and public website is setup for X-Series releases. We will also begin to release firmware on the website download page going forward. We plan to phase out the FTP access by June 1, 2020. We are very sure our new platform won't experience a lockout given redundant systems in place. The X-Series forum will also start over and will be made public (viewable) soon. At that point you will no longer need to login to that section. The private link you have will no longer work once the transition is made.

If you are viewing this because of an email with an attached link to get you here, then you are most likely not using the private forum. Since most are not using the forum links we just want to note that we will discontinue sending private emails once the transition the x-series to the public forum, and the firmware is posted on the download page. Further, you will get emails from ...@famcmusic.com and no longer from a temporary address.

Controller Product Roadmap:

-----------------------------

1. X-Series will enter public release for existing customers in this next round of releases. The X-16 model was intended to replace the LF+ 12+ model. We have discontinued the LF+ 12+ model (with a chance that we may bring the LF+12+ back as an active product). We will continue firmware for the LF+12+. We have always released firmware for all LF+ models simultaneously. We will continue firmware updates and support for all LF+ models of controller as a unified platform.

2. The production and expansion of LF+ Mini, LF+ Jr+, and LF+ Pro+ will continue. We plan to expand the LF+ line with newer versions, running the same platform firmware.

3. With the exception of the LF+ Mini, all LF+ products will eventually have X-Series X-Slave Platform firmware. We currently support the LF+ 12+. We are developing firmware for the remaining models. So the X-Slave firmware will eventually be available for all LF+ models with the exception of the LF+ Mini.

Back
Top Bottom