Liquid Foot drivers Windows 10 won't install

It’s running on an M1 MacBook.
I could not get the USB driver or editor to work on the M1 under Big Sur…installing on Big Sur with an Intel chip is fine though.

Hence me trying to run the LF editor through a VM.

Do you have Windows 11 32bit or 64bit? Also, you can try posting on the Windows Insider forum to see if anyone knows how to get the drivers installed. I don't have any experience running Windows on a Mac or using Mac.

Also, have you tried this from my Tutorial?
https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/...S_-_How_To_Manually_Install_The_LF.2B_Drivers

If it's Googleable I've read it and tried it. Your resources were invaluable in getting set up from the start.

I joined the Windows 11 insider group on Facebook and the Parallels forum. Nobody seems to have any idea about audio or driver-related issues.

I think it may be a write-off at this point.
You could always buy a really cheap Windows computer. I'd think the majority of PC's in stores are going to have to drop in price drastically when Windows 11 is released in October bc 99% of personal PC's don't have a TPM chip, so they won't be able to upgrade to Windows 11 and Windows 10 EOL is October 2025 but even if you get a Windows 10 PC, it will still work past the EOL. I still have to use Windows XP and Windows 7 for some old stuff.

You could always buy a really cheap Windows computer. I'd think the majority of PC's in stores are going to have to drop in price drastically when Windows 11 is released in October bc 99% of personal PC's don't have a TPM chip, so they won't be able to upgrade to Windows 11 and Windows 10 EOL is October 2025 but even if you get a Windows 10 PC, it will still work past the EOL. I still have to use Windows XP and Windows 7 for some old stuff.
Yes, I agree. I have come to know that ARM drivers are required for devices like the LF+ to run in the environment I'm using -- macOS/M1/WIN11 in Parallels 17. This is effectively the end of using Parallels for me as it is no longer backward compatible with earlier OSes due to ARM architecture.

I'm selling my MacBook Pro Retina to help finance the M1 I just got -- It ran everything fine. Instead, I've installed the LF+ editor and a couple of other key editors on my wife's vintage MacBook -- all with zero issues. I'll do my editing on that from here on in.

Sorry for the run around, all, but it's good to know where things stand with respect to the current OSes/chips.

Apple Silicone kills LF+ Editor.

Back
Top Bottom